Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > XP Destop Disappeared

XP Destop Disappeared

Ponder

Hiya Luke O'Malley.

In <news:6GUog.33$(E-Mail Removed)> you wrote:

> I had moved an USB mouse to my laptop for a short period of time.
> When I tried to boot up the PC without the mouse I got a no keyboard
> msg. Then I noticed the keyboard connector (plug in) had become
> dislodged. I pushed it back in & rebooted. To my surprise I got
> the old green grass screen instead of all my icons, etc. I tried
> booting in safe mode and it made no difference. Can someone give me
> some suggestions to correct this problem.

Sounds like it's logged you in as a different user. Can you log out and
select your normal username?

Otherwise, right-click on the desktop, select Properties, click the
Desktop tab then the Customize Desktop button and you'll find the main 4
desktop icons as tick boxes. The others you'll have to create new shortcuts
for.

> Goowill,

Sounds sticky

--
PGP key ID - DSS:0x2661A952

Toolman Tim

Luke O'Malley wrote:
> where is my original desktop?
> Goodwill,
> Luke

In your original user account.

I had this happen at work on a PC. Actually, twice on the same PC. Never did
understand why it happened.

If you look in C:\documents and settings\ you will likely find to similar
account names - your original one, and a newer one with a modified name. If
you open the original one, then open the Desktop folder, you can drag that
stuff to you new desktop.

I'd also suggest you get your Internet favorites, data from My Documents,
etc. transfered the same way.

Destop Icon has disappeared Neville Denetto Computer Support 3 09-13-2005 05:50 AM
802.11b on destop with USB adaptor gigafast =?Utf-8?B?Q2xpdmU=?= Wireless Networking 0 05-23-2005 12:58 AM
Destop Sharning Via Web =?Utf-8?B?UmFlZCBTYXdhbGhh?= ASP .Net 0 05-15-2005 02:46 PM
Destop shortcuts won't open - Firefox 1 03-13-2005 09:10 AM
active destop just looking Computer Support 3 09-26-2004 08:08 AM

Advertisments