Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Western Digital settles capacity dispute - offers free backup software

Western Digital settles capacity dispute - offers free backup software

Pennywise@DerryMaine.Gov

Copied from another newsgroup - even used the same subject line

Western Digital Corp. is offering free software to about 1 million
consumers to resolve a class-action lawsuit alleging that its computer
hard drives stored less material than promised - a discrepancy
stemming from high-tech's different standards for sizing up digital
data.
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/13589972/

Western Digital Corporation Settlement Information
http://www.wdc.com/settlement/faqs.asp

To easily obtain your Western Digital serial number, download
and run the following program, then click on "IDE Information".

Data Lifeguard Tools 11.2 for Windows
http://support.wdc.com/download/index.asp?swid=1

Claim Form
http://www.wdc.com/settlement/verify.asp

--
Scientists desperately search for definition of a "cubit"
as rains continue unabated.

Toolman Tim

> Copied from another newsgroup - even used the same subject line
>
> Western Digital Corp. is offering free software to about 1 million
> consumers to resolve a class-action lawsuit alleging that its computer
> hard drives stored less material than promised - a discrepancy
> stemming from high-tech's different standards for sizing up digital
> data.
> http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/13589972/
>
> Western Digital Corporation Settlement Information
> http://www.wdc.com/settlement/faqs.asp
>
> To easily obtain your Western Digital serial number, download
> and run the following program, then click on "IDE Information".
>
> Data Lifeguard Tools 11.2 for Windows
> http://support.wdc.com/download/index.asp?swid=1
>
> Claim Form
> http://www.wdc.com/settlement/verify.asp

Thanks, boss! I signed up. The free software is EMC Dantz Retrospect Express
7.5 backup software.