Velocity Reviews - Computer Hardware Reviews

Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > new motherboard and I get a bluescreen

Reply
Thread Tools

new motherboard and I get a bluescreen

 
 
Meat Plow
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      06-28-2006
On Wed, 28 Jun 2006 11:46:09 -0700, detap wrote:

> I just putting a mother board and cpu unit in my computer, now I start to
> boot it up , and before it can really get started a blue screen comes
> up.... I am use win 2000 thanks pat


Pretty much the norm.
--
COOSN-266-06-25794

Pierre Salinger Memorial Hook, Line & Sinker, June 2004
 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
bughunter.dustin@gmail.com
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      06-28-2006

Meat Plow wrote:
> On Wed, 28 Jun 2006 11:46:09 -0700, detap wrote:
>
> > I just putting a mother board and cpu unit in my computer, now I start to
> > boot it up , and before it can really get started a blue screen comes
> > up.... I am use win 2000 thanks pat

>
> Pretty much the norm.


No. The chipset from his old board and new one doesn't match. That's
why he's getting a blue screen, likely the inaccessable boot device.

What he needs to do is a repair install of windows, or he could boot
from a bartpe disc, mount the system hive, and remove the drivers on
the enum/pci keys dealing with IDE/sata drivers, unmount the system
hive, reboot the machine and let windows redetect the ide/sata drivers.

That wasn't so hard, now was it?

 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
Toolman Tim
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      06-28-2006
detap wrote:
> I just putting a mother board and cpu unit in my computer, now I
> start to boot it up , and before it can really get started a blue
> screen comes up.... I am use win 2000 thanks pat


Try safe mode. Then open device manager. Delete the items in the list that
relate to the OLD motherboard. Reboot. It probably won't work, but it will
give you something to do until you get fed up and decide to reinstall
Windows correctly.

--
When I was a child, I remember my Mom telling me, "Son, when you grow
up, you can marry any girl you please." When I became a young man, I
learned the sad fact was that I could not please any of them.


 
Reply With Quote
 
Meat Plow
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      06-28-2006
On Wed, 28 Jun 2006 11:28:31 -0700, bughunter.dustin wrote:

> Subject: Re: new motherboard and I get a bluescreen
> From: http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed)
> Newsgroups: 24hoursupport.helpdesk
> Date: 28 Jun 2006 11:28:31 -0700
>
>
> Meat Plow wrote:
>> On Wed, 28 Jun 2006 11:46:09 -0700, detap wrote:
>>
>> > I just putting a mother board and cpu unit in my computer, now I start
>> > to boot it up , and before it can really get started a blue screen
>> > comes up.... I am use win 2000 thanks pat

>>
>> Pretty much the norm.

>
> No. The chipset from his old board and new one doesn't match. That's why
> he's getting a blue screen, likely the inaccessable boot device.


Like I said, moron.
--
COOSN-266-06-25794

Pierre Salinger Memorial Hook, Line & Sinker, June 2004
 
Reply With Quote
 
bughunter.dustin@gmail.com
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      06-28-2006

Meat Plow wrote:


> Like I said, moron.


You said this was pretty much the norm, and it's not. If he changed the
board to another one by a different company using the same chipset,
more then likely the computer wouldn't blue screen.

What you didn't say was why it blue screened, nor did you offer any
suggestions on how to go about fixing it.

Moron comment aside...

 
Reply With Quote
 
detap
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      06-28-2006
I just putting a mother board and cpu unit in my computer, now I start to
boot it up , and before it can really get started a blue screen comes up....
I am use win 2000 thanks pat


 
Reply With Quote
 
Meat Plow
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      06-28-2006
On Wed, 28 Jun 2006 11:36:44 -0700, bughunter.dustin wrote:

> Subject: Re: new motherboard and I get a bluescreen
> From: (E-Mail Removed)
> Newsgroups: 24hoursupport.helpdesk
> Date: 28 Jun 2006 11:36:44 -0700
>
>
> Meat Plow wrote:
>
>
>> Like I said, moron.

>
> You said this was pretty much the norm, and it's not. If he changed the
> board to another one by a different company using the same chipset, more
> then likely the computer wouldn't blue screen.


Read above, moron.

--
COOSN-266-06-25794

Pierre Salinger Memorial Hook, Line & Sinker, June 2004
 
Reply With Quote
 
bughunter.dustin@gmail.com
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      06-28-2006

Meat Plow wrote:

> > You said this was pretty much the norm, and it's not. If he changed the
> > board to another one by a different company using the same chipset, more
> > then likely the computer wouldn't blue screen.

>
> Read above, moron.


Your a little slow huh?

 
Reply With Quote
 
Meat Plow
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      06-28-2006
On Wed, 28 Jun 2006 11:57:20 -0700, bughunter.dustin wrote:

>
> Meat Plow wrote:
>
>> > You said this was pretty much the norm, and it's not. If he changed
>> > the board to another one by a different company using the same
>> > chipset, more then likely the computer wouldn't blue screen.

>>
>> Read above, moron.

>
> Your a little slow huh?


You're an imbecile huh?
--
COOSN-266-06-25794

Pierre Salinger Memorial Hook, Line & Sinker, June 2004
 
Reply With Quote
 
bughunter.dustin@gmail.com
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      06-28-2006

Toolman Tim wrote:

> Try safe mode. Then open device manager. Delete the items in the list that
> relate to the OLD motherboard. Reboot. It probably won't work, but it will
> give you something to do until you get fed up and decide to reinstall
> Windows correctly.


It shouldn't boot into safe mode either. He has two choices, reinstall
windows (repair), or mount the registry and remove the enum keys on the
pci devices chain dealing with ide/sata. The second option is the
quickest.

 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
BlueScreen-New Laptops lennie1 General Computer Support 2 06-11-2011 07:16 AM
Where to get motherboard 1394 cable? (FIC P4-865PE motherboard) sub NZ Computing 9 06-26-2006 05:37 AM
After bluescreen and reload Wireless will not work =?Utf-8?B?Y2JrYXR5?= Wireless Networking 0 09-11-2004 06:21 PM
Laptop on and off.. with quick bluescreen BillKirch Computer Information 1 12-20-2003 05:32 AM
Windows XP Bluescreen c000021a Unknown Hard Error Nick Le Lievre Computer Support 0 11-07-2003 11:43 AM



Advertisments