Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Wireless Networking > Wireless Bridging???

Wireless Bridging???

=?Utf-8?B?VGhlQmlnRG9n?=

I currently have a wireless network (11b). I want to add my Xbox and Tivo to
the network but don't want to run cable for it. I have a MN-500 wireless
router than can be put into bridge mode.

Can I connect my Xbox and Tivo to the MN-500 and use the wireless back to my
Symbol access point? My Netscreen Firewall / Router is providing DHCP.
Below is the current connectifity. Double lines are wirled, single lines are
wireless

cable modem
Firewall / Router
Symbol AP -- 2 wireless laptop computers

MN-500 in Bridge mode = Xbox
Tivo

Off the symbol I have 2 laptops

Jack

Hi

Nope you can not do this way.

A Wireless Hardware in Bridge mode can not "Talk" to an AP in regular
Gateway mode.

If the MN-500 cab be configured in Client Mode than it will work otherwise
you have to get something like the Linksys WET54GS5,

More about Wireless Modes here: http://www.ezlan.net/Wireless_Modes.html

Jack (MVP-Networking).

"TheBigDog" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> I currently have a wireless network (11b). I want to add my Xbox and Tivo

> the network but don't want to run cable for it. I have a MN-500 wireless
> router than can be put into bridge mode.
>
> Can I connect my Xbox and Tivo to the MN-500 and use the wireless back to

my
> Symbol access point? My Netscreen Firewall / Router is providing DHCP.
> Below is the current connectifity. Double lines are wirled, single lines

are
> wireless
>
> cable modem
> Firewall / Router
> Symbol AP -- 2 wireless laptop computers
> |

> MN-500 in Bridge mode = Xbox
> Tivo
>

> Off the symbol I have 2 laptops

=?Utf-8?B?VGhlQmlnRG9n?=

Thanks Jack...I was just hoping I could do away with buying something else.