Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > aftermarket ink - OA100 any good? it sure doesn't cost a lot!

aftermarket ink - OA100 any good? it sure doesn't cost a lot!

mike

hello,

i have never asked a question here and not received a response before... .

looking for someone who has used this aftermarket ink, OA100, which i am
thinking of purchasing from an outfit called Abacus24/7. they are an ebay
store. the ink will be going in a canon pixma mp780.

thanks,

mike

Evan Platt

On Tue, 27 Jun 2006 18:17:38 GMT, "mike" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>hello,
>
>i have never asked a question here and not received a response before... .
>
>looking for someone who has used this aftermarket ink, OA100, which i am
>thinking of purchasing from an outfit called Abacus24/7. they are an ebay
>store. the ink will be going in a canon pixma mp780.

I don't see any seller named Abacus24/7 or Abacus247.

=?ISO-8859-1?Q?R=F4g=EAr?=

Evan Platt wrote:
> On Tue, 27 Jun 2006 18:17:38 GMT, "mike" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>

>>hello,
>>
>>i have never asked a question here and not received a response before... .
>>
>>looking for someone who has used this aftermarket ink, OA100, which i am
>>thinking of purchasing from an outfit called Abacus24/7. they are an ebay
>>store. the ink will be going in a canon pixma mp780.

> I don't see any seller named Abacus24/7 or Abacus247.

"mike" seems to be a habitual question asker. Just yesterday he had
people reply to pretty much the same question with info, such as from
SgtMinor:

----------------------------

It seems that 3 people out of a thousand were unhappy, but I've had good
luck with Abacus 24-7. And, it seems, so did thousands of repeat customers.

Feedback Score: 48319
Positive Feedback: 99.7%
Members who left a positive: 48449
Members who left a negative: 131
All positive feedback received: 77556

http://stores.ebay.com/Abacus24-7

----------------------------

This is the third question he's asked about this same subject in 25 hours.

mike

roger,

i was as asking for someone who had some DIRECT experience with this ink.
you know, like someone who has used it in the past or is currently using it.

the good sergeant was replying about Abacus24/7 as an ink supplier, i
believe, as opposed to providing information about this specific ink. i have
no idea how many different inks this company sells. some may (and most
likely are) better than others.

let's see how i can explain this to you so you will be able to see the
difference.

ok. someone is looking for a reliable automobile to buy... yes, they may
inquire as to the automobile manufacturer (supplier) in general but if they
have a specific model of automobile in mind, they would be more inclined to
ask about this specific model. automobile manufacturers produce different
models, some models are better than others as far as reliability goes, for
example

> "mike" seems to be a habitual question asker. Just yesterday he had people
> reply to pretty much the same question with info, such as from SgtMinor:

so you see, my friend, this is not "pretty much the same question" at all,
is it?

my first inclination when i saw your post was to simply ask that mind your
own goddam business. but i'm too polite to do that.

mike

news:(E-Mail Removed) om...

mike wrote:
> my first inclination when i saw your post was to simply ask that

mind your
> own goddam business. but i'm too polite to do that.

Why don't you risk $2 or $3 and find out?

mike

news:(E-Mail Removed) om...
> Evan Platt wrote:
>> On Tue, 27 Jun 2006 18:17:38 GMT, "mike" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>>

>>>hello,
>>>
>>>i have never asked a question here and not received a response before...
>>>.
>>>
>>>looking for someone who has used this aftermarket ink, OA100, which i am
>>>thinking of purchasing from an outfit called Abacus24/7. they are an ebay
>>>store. the ink will be going in a canon pixma mp780.

>> I don't see any seller named Abacus24/7 or Abacus247.

> "mike" seems to be a habitual question asker. Just yesterday he had people
> reply to pretty much the same question with info, such as from SgtMinor:
>
> ----------------------------
>
> It seems that 3 people out of a thousand were unhappy, but I've had good
> luck with Abacus 24-7. And, it seems, so did thousands of repeat
> customers.
>
> Feedback Score: 48319
> Positive Feedback: 99.7%
> Members who left a positive: 48449
> Members who left a negative: 131
> All positive feedback received: 77556
>
> http://stores.ebay.com/Abacus24-7
>
> ----------------------------
>
> This is the third question he's asked about this same subject in 25 hours.

My heavens?!? The third question in 25 hours?!?!?!?!?!? What the hell is
wrong with this guy? He must be stopped, I say! He's out of control!

Or maybe he's hesitant about using aftermarket ink because twice now he's
had to buy new printheads because the others were ruined by crappy
aftermarket ink and he doesn't want to repeat the experience. Therefore he
is proceeding very cautiously.

Still, there's no excuse for this type of behavior... for all these
QUESTIONS! We hate questions. They make us uncomfortable.

Roger, thank you for monitoring this fellow's "question output.

Your including the number of questions AND the time frame in which they were
asked just goes to show how "special" you really are.
The man who pays attention to the smallest detail is, uh, a man who pays
attention to the smallest detail, by God!

Some might say you were "anal." But not me, brother. I'm overjoyed, as the
rest of this newsgroup must be, that you're out there watching over us,
protecting us from "question terrorists" like the evil "Mr. Ink," as I have
come to call him.

We can't tolerate this type of thing around here. Three (related) questions
in 25 hours? Nay, no, never again! Roger, take this inquisitive bastard out
back and shoot him!

Then shove some coal "up there," Rog," and in no time you'll have some
diamonds. No, wait. Belay that. You probably couldn't shove a pin up there.
Too tight.

mike

news:(E-Mail Removed) om...
> mike wrote:
> > my first inclination when i saw your post was to simply ask that mind

> your
>> own goddam business. but i'm too polite to do that.

> Why don't you risk $2 or $3 and find out?

i will if you promise to give me about $70 plus shipping for a new printhead
if the ink screws up the printer. deal?

Bill

I replied to your previous post, and yes I use Abakus.

"mike" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:6Deog.109455$(E-Mail Removed) .com...
> hello,
>
> i have never asked a question here and not received a response before... .
>
> looking for someone who has used this aftermarket ink, OA100, which i am
> thinking of purchasing from an outfit called Abacus24/7. they are an ebay
> store. the ink will be going in a canon pixma mp780.
>
> thanks,
>
> mike

mike

thanks for replying to this post and the other, bill.

is it the oOA100 stuff you've bought from Abacus? if so, how is it?

thanks again,

mike

news:Uohog.5397$(E-Mail Removed)...
>I replied to your previous post, and yes I use Abakus.
>
> "mike" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:6Deog.109455$(E-Mail Removed) .com...
>> hello,
>>
>> i have never asked a question here and not received a response before...
>> .
>>
>> looking for someone who has used this aftermarket ink, OA100, which i am
>> thinking of purchasing from an outfit called Abacus24/7. they are an ebay
>> store. the ink will be going in a canon pixma mp780.
>>
>> thanks,
>>
>> mike

Bill

I have bought about 12 refills from them, no issues, excellent.

news:Ruhog.73576$(E-Mail Removed). com...