Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Internet Explorer Problem

Internet Explorer Problem

Newbie

I am facing a strange problem.
I have Windows XP SP2 installed in my PC.
I have three accounts in windows XP.
In one of the account my IE (V 6) is normal.
But in other two accounts I am facing a strange problem.
Whenever I open IE, a window comes up stating that

'your current settings prohibit running ActiveX controls on this page. As a
result, the page may not display correctly.'

Further whenever I try to set my Home page to Blank setting it does not do
so and reverts back to the original setting which is msn page.
I am trying to change the settings as a administrator.
All the settings are same in my three accounts.
So why in one account IE is behaving normally and in other two accounts it
is giving me trouble.
Any help in solving this problem will be a great help to me.
Thanks.

Margolotta

On Tue, 27 Jun 2006 15:37:02 +0100, Newbie wrote
(in article <e7rerj$7pa$(E-Mail Removed)>):

> I am facing a strange problem.
> I have Windows XP SP2 installed in my PC.
> I have three accounts in windows XP.
> In one of the account my IE (V 6) is normal.
> But in other two accounts I am facing a strange problem.
> Whenever I open IE, a window comes up stating that
>
> 'your current settings prohibit running ActiveX controls on this page. As a
> result, the page may not display correctly.'
>
> Further whenever I try to set my Home page to Blank setting it does not do
> so and reverts back to the original setting which is msn page.
> I am trying to change the settings as a administrator.
> All the settings are same in my three accounts.
> So why in one account IE is behaving normally and in other two accounts it
> is giving me trouble.
> Any help in solving this problem will be a great help to me.
> Thanks.

Simple: - Use Firefox. More secure, infinitely customisable, tabbed browsing
(and, before anyone says anything, I've seen IE7 and it looks like it was
designed by a dyslexic 6-year-old) and free extensions so you can customise
it how you like (I recommend installing Adblock as soon as you've installed
Firefox - unless you like being plagued by pop-ups).

Jim

Pay no mind to the useless drivel the troll Margolotta spews, it helps no
one as evident here http://tinyurl.com/az88m

"Newbie" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:e7rerj$7pa$(E-Mail Removed)...
>I am facing a strange problem.
> I have Windows XP SP2 installed in my PC.
> I have three accounts in windows XP.
> In one of the account my IE (V 6) is normal.
> But in other two accounts I am facing a strange problem.
> Whenever I open IE, a window comes up stating that
>
> 'your current settings prohibit running ActiveX controls on this page. As
> result, the page may not display correctly.'
>
> Further whenever I try to set my Home page to Blank setting it does not do
> so and reverts back to the original setting which is msn page.
> I am trying to change the settings as a administrator.
> All the settings are same in my three accounts.
> So why in one account IE is behaving normally and in other two accounts it
> is giving me trouble.
> Any help in solving this problem will be a great help to me.
> Thanks.

Crack Whore

"Margolotta" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) ps.net...
> On Tue, 27 Jun 2006 15:37:02 +0100, Newbie wrote
> (in article <e7rerj$7pa$(E-Mail Removed)>):
>

> Simple: - Use Firefox. More secure, infinitely customisable, tabbed
> browsing
> (and, before anyone says anything, I've seen IE7 and it looks like it was
> designed by a dyslexic 6-year-old) and free extensions so you can
> customise
> it how you like (I recommend installing Adblock as soon as you've
> installed
> Firefox - unless you like being plagued by pop-ups).

You always do it don't you Sarah the bison brain!
You are a chronic liar!
I remember when you claimed to have seen vista -
you hadn't, you just cut'n pasted someone elses words,
and you ain't seen IE7 niether, you are a liar.
As for your use of words:
"designed by a dyslexic 6-year-old", well, such an individual
will certainly achieve a lot more in life than an "unbalanced,
workshy, obese 30 yr old woman."