Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > XP Pro - my opening 'menu' disappeared

XP Pro - my opening 'menu' disappeared

Pennywise@DerryMaine.Gov

Luke O'Malley <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

|>Hi!
|>
|>I took my USB mouse from my PC to use on my laptop. The PC was
|>turned on without the mouse and a msg told that there was no
|>keyboard. When I checked it seems that I inadvertantly disconnected
|>the keyboard. I plugged it back in again and booted up the computer.
|>
|>The computer stopped to give me a choice between XP Pro & Win 98. (I
|>used to have Win 98 on the PC). I selected XP Pro and the computer
|>booted up, but it was like a brand new computer - ther were no icons
|>for programs and it gave me a 'wonderful' lawn - which I had long
|>gotten ridden of. This happened once before a couple of years ago,
|>but I don't know how the problem was resolved.
|>
|>Is there enough info here to help me?

Try WinKey+R <type in> explorer <enter>

--
The Size Of Our World
http://rense.com/general72/size.htm

Beauregard T. Shagnasty

Luke O'Malley wrote:

> In article http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed),
> (E-Mail Removed) said:
> -->Try WinKey+R <type in> explorer <enter>

> Thank you for the reply. What is WinKey = R?

Look on your keyboard. Most modern ones have a key between the Ctrl and
the Alt, with a Windows graphic on it. That's the WinKey.

Hold it down and press R

Not "WinKey = R" but "WinKey+R", which is the way you would type
Ctrl+Alt+Delete

--
-bts
-Warning: I brake for lawn deer