Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Netgear driver refuses to work

Netgear driver refuses to work

snow

After repeated attempts to install a Netgear USB wireless adapter driver, I
have given up. I even reformatted my computer, but no go.
All my other drivers are accepted. This just became an issue one week
ago...driver was fine before this. I figure there has to be a messup
somewhere, but I exchausted all ideas.
I am buying a new wireless adapter and I am hoping this will change things,
it WONT be
Netgear though. Anyone got a clue what could have caused this?

Walter Mautner

snow wrote:

> After repeated attempts to install a Netgear USB wireless adapter driver,
> I have given up. I even reformatted my computer, but no go.
> All my other drivers are accepted. This just became an issue one week
> ago...driver was fine before this. I figure there has to be a messup
> somewhere, but I exchausted all ideas.
> I am buying a new wireless adapter and I am hoping this will change
> things, it WONT be
> Netgear though. Anyone got a clue what could have caused this?

Have you tried the adapter on another computer? It might just be defective,
or your computer doesn't support enough power on the usb port.