Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Advice on free forum software

Advice on free forum software

farseer

Hi,
I am looking for a free ASP based messageboard/forum software that is
easy to install and has search capabilities. Any suggestions for web
masters out there on what are the best free ASP based forums?

thank you

Plato

farseer wrote:

> I am looking for a free ASP based messageboard/forum software that is
> easy to install and has search capabilities. Any suggestions for web
> masters out there on what are the best free ASP based forums?

When you googled for it, what did you learn?

--
http://www.bootdisk.com/

farseer

Not much...to many hits...adding to the confusion. as my post
suggest, was hoping for feed back from those in the know, rather than a
1000 google hits of from companies trying to pitch their software.

Plato wrote:
> farseer wrote:
> >
> > I am looking for a free ASP based messageboard/forum software that is
> > easy to install and has search capabilities. Any suggestions for web
> > masters out there on what are the best free ASP based forums?

> When you googled for it, what did you learn?
>
> --
> http://www.bootdisk.com/

farseer

Plato <|@|.|>, the seedy vagabond and jizz-drinking sixty-nine queen who
likes aberrant x-dressing with octopuses, and whose partner is a woman
of easy virtue with a yawning hot quivering love-purse, wrote in
<449f361e$1$26077$(E-Mail Removed)>:

> farseer wrote:
>>
>> I am looking for a free ASP based messageboard/forum software that is
>> easy to install and has search capabilities. Any suggestions for web
>> masters out there on what are the best free ASP based forums?

> When you googled for it, what did you learn?

That you're a ****ing plagiarist who charges money for other people's
work. What did you learn? That you couldn't answer the question
because you hadn't stolen anything relevant today?

Plato

farseer wrote:

> Not much...to many hits...adding to the confusion. as my post
> suggest, was hoping for feed back from those in the know, rather than a
> 1000 google hits of from companies trying to pitch their software.

The only good free one I know is phpBB, but as far as I know, it's not
for ASP. Since it's used most often there are a ton of people who know
how to tweak it and set it up. Sorry for the lack of real help.

> > > I am looking for a free ASP based messageboard/forum software that is
> > > easy to install and has search capabilities. Any suggestions for web
> > > masters out there on what are the best free ASP based forums?

> > When you googled for it, what did you learn?

RVoshel

Does it have to be ASP?

There are a few sites that give you a forum to play with. proboards is one.
(I've used them.)

"Plato" <|@|.|> wrote in message
news:44a015a0$0$26080$(E-Mail Removed)...
> farseer wrote:
>>
>> Not much...to many hits...adding to the confusion. as my post
>> suggest, was hoping for feed back from those in the know, rather than a
>> 1000 google hits of from companies trying to pitch their software.

> The only good free one I know is phpBB, but as far as I know, it's not
> for ASP. Since it's used most often there are a ton of people who know
> how to tweak it and set it up. Sorry for the lack of real help.

>> > When you googled for it, what did you learn?

farseer

thanks. i've gotten some good feedback about Community Server and
after checking them out, it looks pretty nice.