Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > windows xp home "balloons"

windows xp home "balloons"

richard

Anyone know how to turn these damn things off?
Yes I know my wireless lan connection is not connected because I don't want
it on damn it!
every time I turn my machine on I keep getting this blasted ballon and I
just don't want to see it.
If it's in the registry I can cope with that too.

beenthere

news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Anyone know how to turn these damn things off?
> Yes I know my wireless lan connection is not connected because I don't
> want it on damn it!
> every time I turn my machine on I keep getting this blasted ballon and I
> just don't want to see it.
> If it's in the registry I can cope with that too.

Go have a read here Rich.
personal-computer-tutor.com/abc4/v33/vic33.htm

richard

"beenthere" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:5TBng.1459$(E-Mail Removed)...

> "richard" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> Anyone know how to turn these damn things off?
>> Yes I know my wireless lan connection is not connected because I don't
>> want it on damn it!
>> every time I turn my machine on I keep getting this blasted ballon and I
>> just don't want to see it.
>> If it's in the registry I can cope with that too.
>>

> Go have a read here Rich.
> personal-computer-tutor.com/abc4/v33/vic33.htm

Did the trick. No more pesty balloons show up now.

Rhonda Lea Kirk

richard wrote:
> Anyone know how to turn these damn things off?

<snipped>

Download Tweak UI:

http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/d...powertoys.mspx

The option to disable balloons is under "Taskbar and Startup."

And you get the bonus of all the other tweaks as well.

rl
--
Rhonda Lea Kirk

Insisting on perfect safety is for people
without the balls to live in the real world.
Mary Shafer Iliff