Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Changing the motherboard WITHOUT reinstalling windows?

Changing the motherboard WITHOUT reinstalling windows?

bughunter.dustin@gmail.com

Julie wrote:

> Same here. Dustbin can't understand why the post deserved a laugh, so he
> flails around trying to accuse everyone else of being wrong. We know who is
> wrong tho...

I didn't understand why the poster deserved a laugh followed up by
general kman bullshit, instead of a helpful answer, no. It's not a
matter of being wrong or right, the guy posted for help, he got windows
going, so it doesn't really matter now.

I do know that you have your head so far up kman's ass that it's way
beyond funny. You really must have no life to troll newsgroups all day.

bughunter.dustin@gmail.com

Rebecca wrote:

> I understood the OP, you don't. Admission that you can't read nor comprehend
> the OP is noted.

You did ?

The original post that got kman's laughing was as follows: (it's
technical, I know I know, it's beyond you, try to keep up anyway)

> I've swapped out motherboards more times than I can remember, and
> never gave a thought to trying get the same chipset. XP is very good
> at sensing new hardware and installing the right drivers

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! You ****wad know-nothing cuntfungus.

Now then, many have swapped out mainboards without incident, and XP is
pretty damn good at autosensing hardware and installing the correct
drivers. Kman's response in case you can't read.. laugh, was:

"BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! You ****wad know-nothing cuntfungus."

Which makes absolutely no ****ing sense whatsoever in regards to the
post.
I understood it... as did .. others.. kman responded to the wrong
poster mebbe?
what exactly is incorrect about what Roger posted? Enlighten me... Show
me the brilliance that you think is in that skull of yours. By all
means.

Rebecca

> Rebecca wrote:
>

>> I understood the OP, you don't. Admission that you can't read nor
>> comprehend the OP is noted.

> You did ?
>
> The original post that got kman's laughing was as follows: (it's
> technical, I know I know, it's beyond you, try to keep up anyway)
>
>> I've swapped out motherboards more times than I can remember, and
>> never gave a thought to trying get the same chipset. XP is very good
>> at sensing new hardware and installing the right drivers

> BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! You ****wad know-nothing cuntfungus.
>

> Now then, many have swapped out mainboards without incident, and XP is
> pretty damn good at autosensing hardware and installing the correct
> drivers. Kman's response in case you can't read.. laugh, was:
>
> "BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! You ****wad know-nothing cuntfungus."
>
> Which makes absolutely no ****ing sense whatsoever in regards to the
> post.
> I understood it... as did .. others.. kman responded to the wrong
> poster mebbe?
> what exactly is incorrect about what Roger posted? Enlighten me...
> Show me the brilliance that you think is in that skull of yours. By
> all means.

I see you still can't understand why K-Man laughed. This is for you:

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! You ****wad know-nothing cuntfungus.

Julie

(E-Mail Removed) wrote:
> Rebecca wrote:
>

>> I understood the OP, you don't. Admission that you can't read nor
>> comprehend the OP is noted.

> You did ?
>
> The original post that got kman's laughing was as follows: (it's
> technical, I know I know, it's beyond you, try to keep up anyway)
>
>> I've swapped out motherboards more times than I can remember, and
>> never gave a thought to trying get the same chipset. XP is very good
>> at sensing new hardware and installing the right drivers

> BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! You ****wad know-nothing cuntfungus.

I get it, you're a Mac user. THAT'S why you can't understand 'why' that got
a laugh.

bughunter.dustin@gmail.com

Julie wrote:

> I get it, you're a Mac user. THAT'S why you can't understand 'why' that got
> a laugh.

You don't get much, obviously; I've never owned a mac. I actually work
on pcs for a living, so no, his laugh didn't make much sense to me. You
can changeout mainboards and windows xp can be saved, and yes,
sometimes it won't make you repair install it and/or meddle with the
registry.

I realize your just trolling, you don't have a good answer to my
question because their really isn't one, and I'm only feeding you by
responding, but sometimes, feeding trolls can be fun.

bughunter.dustin@gmail.com

Rebecca wrote:

> I see you still can't understand why K-Man laughed. This is for you:

Admission that you don't know what the hell is going on accepted,
thanks for playing.

Julie

(E-Mail Removed) wrote:
> Julie wrote:
>
>> I get it, you're a Mac user. THAT'S why you can't understand 'why'
>> that got a laugh.

> You don't get much, obviously; I've never owned a mac. I actually work
> on pcs for a living,

*BLINK*

Un****ingbelievable!

bughunter.dustin@gmail.com

Thomas Hejl Pilgaard wrote:

> Well, it worked.

Not bad.. Not bad.

Seatoller

On Wed, 28 Jun 2006 17:41:44 +0200, Dan Evans wrote:

> "Seatoller" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news(E-Mail Removed) u...
>
>> IIRC MS say that if he changes the mobo, he would have to /buy/ another
>> licence?

> Didn't happen here.

Here is what Microsoft has to say:

´An upgrade of the motherboard is considered to result in a ´new personal
computer¡ to which Microsoft® OEM operating system software cannot be
transferred from another computer. If the motherboard is upgraded or
replaced for reasons other than a defect, then a new computer has been
created and the license of new operating system software is required.¡

The reason Microsoft gave for this term is that ´Microsoft needed to have
one base component ´left standing¡ that would still define that original
PC. Since the motherboard contains the CPU and is the ´heart and soul¡ of
the PC, when the motherboard is replaced (for reasons other than defect) a
new PC is essentially created.¡

Microsoft sent a memo to its OEM partners asking them to enforce this new
policy, every time they upgrade a computer for a client.

http://www.flexbeta.net/main/comment...=18469&catid=5

http://en.wikinews.org/wiki/Microsof...rboard_upgrade

http://www.webmasterforums.com/windo...s-licence.html

Toolman Tim

Seatoller wrote:
> On Wed, 28 Jun 2006 17:41:44 +0200, Dan Evans wrote:
>

>> "Seatoller" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news(E-Mail Removed) u...
>>
>>> IIRC MS say that if he changes the mobo, he would have to /buy/
>>> another licence?

>> Didn't happen here.

> Here is what Microsoft has to say:
>
> ´An upgrade of the motherboard is considered to result in a ´new
> personal computer¡ to which Microsoft® OEM operating system software
> cannot be transferred from another computer. If the motherboard is
> upgraded or replaced for reasons other than a defect, then a new
> computer has been created and the license of new operating system
> software is required.¡

The OP didn't make it perfectly clear whether this was an upgrade or a
repair, although since he indicated he had been looking for an exact
replacement, that would make it a repair, and as such, I'd call that a
motherboard defect. It doesn't work, it's defective, at least in my book <g>

Now, IMO, an /upgrade/ would be a non-required motherboard change that would
either require a new CPU or /allow/ the opportunity to change that in the
future. In other words, taking out a motherboard that /works/ and putting in
another motherboard isn't the same as replacing it because it is
defective/non-working. However, that's only my opinion - and it's worth
about as much as the dog fuzz on my carpet (he's shedding an UNBELIEVABLE
amount right now!)

To look at this a bit further, f the motherboard is replaced BECAUSE it is
defective, and is replaced with a board that could possibly allow CPU, RAM,
video, etc. upgrades in the future, we've reached a very gray area. At what
point is a new Windows OEM license required - dead motherboard, but upgrades
possible...hmmm...

If it were me, I'd say screw MS and reinstall the existing license then. But
don't tell them I said that