Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Cell phone to landline

Cell phone to landline

pinchee

Win XP Pro

Is there such a device that can transfer a cell phone call to
a land line based telephone receiver.
I have my doubts - this would be disastrous to landline
telephone providers- but was just wondering if such a
device or method was available.
I also have no doubt that sooner or later such equipment
will become available if not now.

Pennywise@DerryMaine.Gov

"pinchee" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

|>Win XP Pro
|>
|>Is there such a device that can transfer a cell phone call to
|>a land line based telephone receiver.
|>I have my doubts - this would be disastrous to landline
|>telephone providers- but was just wondering if such a
|>device or method was available.
|>I also have no doubt that sooner or later such equipment
|>will become available if not now.

Don't think I misread this one, and get to post the link now

You mean VoIP over a dialup instead of a computer?
http://www.techweb.com/showArticle.j...SSfeed_TechWeb
http://tinyurl.com/pmga8

"callers can connect over dialup or broadband links to callers on PCs,
regular landlines, or cell phones. Users aren't required to have a PC
to use the service."

--
One of Criss Angel's freakiest Illusions
http://tinyurl.com/ocyby

Toolman Tim

> "pinchee" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
>>> Win XP Pro
>>>
>>> Is there such a device that can transfer a cell phone call to
>>> a land line based telephone receiver.
>>> I have my doubts - this would be disastrous to landline
>>> telephone providers- but was just wondering if such a
>>> device or method was available.
>>> I also have no doubt that sooner or later such equipment
>>> will become available if not now.

> Don't think I misread this one, and get to post the link now
>
> You mean VoIP over a dialup instead of a computer?
> http://www.techweb.com/showArticle.j...SSfeed_TechWeb
> http://tinyurl.com/pmga8
>
> "callers can connect over dialup or broadband links to callers on PCs,
> regular landlines, or cell phones. Users aren't required to have a PC
> to use the service."

Well, I /think/ he was looking for a way to take a call he received on his
cell phone and transfer it to his landline, and hanging up the cell phone.

Pennywise@DerryMaine.Gov

"Toolman Tim" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

|>(E-Mail Removed) wrote:

|>> Don't think I misread this one, and get to post the link now
|>>
|>> You mean VoIP over a dialup instead of a computer?
|>> http://www.techweb.com/showArticle.j...SSfeed_TechWeb
|>> http://tinyurl.com/pmga8
|>>
|>> "callers can connect over dialup or broadband links to callers on PCs,
|>> regular landlines, or cell phones. Users aren't required to have a PC
|>> to use the service."

|>Well, I /think/ he was looking for a way to take a call he received on his
|>cell phone and transfer it to his landline, and hanging up the cell phone.

If that's the case...DARN!

That's just call forwarding then

--

(E-Mail Removed) wrote:

>>> Well, I /think/ he was looking for a way to take a call he received
>>> on his cell phone and transfer it to his landline, and hanging up
>>> the cell phone.

> If that's the case...DARN!
>
> That's just call forwarding the

I don't know - the OP certainly didn't pose his question in an intelligent
manner...

jils

pinchee wrote:
> Win XP Pro
>
> Is there such a device that can transfer a cell phone call to a land
> line based telephone receiver. I have my doubts - this would be
> disastrous to landline telephone providers-

why would it be disastrous, and why wouldn't the cell phone caller
simply call the landline instead of the cell phone?

Ralph Wade Phillips

Howdy!

"pinchee" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> Win XP Pro
>
> Is there such a device that can transfer a cell phone call to
> a land line based telephone receiver.
> I have my doubts - this would be disastrous to landline
> telephone providers- but was just wondering if such a
> device or method was available.
> I also have no doubt that sooner or later such equipment
> will become available if not now.

It would help if you would say exactly what you're wanting to do.

There's already adapters available (and have been, since at least
2000!) to let you use your cell phone to drive standard POTS phones.

Call Forwarding can forward a call from a cell phone to a landline
phone.

And, BTW - NONE of this even requires a computer to operate! So the
"Win XP Pro" line is not necessary for any of that.

However, if the question somehow is related to your computer, it
might help to reask it in a cogent fashion - that is, ask exactly what
you're wanting to get answered, not toss out buzz words hoping someone can
decipher what you're saying.

RwP

pinchee

All of you are right! I'm merely an old man who can't
post what I really wanted to know - shame on me.
What I want to do is answer a cell phone call with my
land line phone. Guess it is because I just lazy or the
like. I have my cell phone set at the loudest ringing
but at my age (82) I'm a few bricks short of a load
when it comes to hearing the cell phone and I miss
calls often and/or else its somewhere where I'm not
and again miss calls. Because I miss calls I have land
line phones in every room of this house including the baths, the gararge and
the utility room and the spa area.
All I wanted to know was there a service or utility that
would ring the land line phones when I receive a call on
the cell phone. Please excuse my illiterate original post.

"pinchee" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> Win XP Pro
>
> Is there such a device that can transfer a cell phone call to
> a land line based telephone receiver.
> I have my doubts - this would be disastrous to landline
> telephone providers- but was just wondering if such a
> device or method was available.
> I also have no doubt that sooner or later such equipment
> will become available if not now.

Blinky the Shark

pinchee wrote:
> Win XP Pro
>
> Is there such a device that can transfer a cell phone call to a land
> line based telephone receiver. I have my doubts - this would be
> disastrous to landline telephone providers- but was just wondering if
> such a device or method was available. I also have no doubt that
> sooner or later such equipment will become available if not now.

See if your cell provider offers call forwarding. If it does, have your
cell forward calls to the land line.

--
Blinky RLU 297263
Killing all posts from Google Groups

Pennywise@DerryMaine.Gov

"pinchee" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

|>All of you are right! I'm merely an old man who can't
|>post what I really wanted to know - shame on me.
|>What I want to do is answer a cell phone call with my
|>land line phone. Guess it is because I just lazy or the
|>like. I have my cell phone set at the loudest ringing
|>but at my age (82) I'm a few bricks short of a load
|>when it comes to hearing the cell phone and I miss
|>calls often and/or else its somewhere where I'm not
|>and again miss calls. Because I miss calls I have land
|>line phones in every room of this house including the baths, the gararge and
|>the utility room and the spa area.
|>All I wanted to know was there a service or utility that
|>would ring the land line phones when I receive a call on
|>the cell phone. Please excuse my illiterate original post.

I have a call forwarding on my Cell Phone that can be set to call a
landline (any other number) if:
All voice calls
busy
Not answered
out of reach
not available
all fax calls
All data calls

Check your out.

Set it to vibrate so you can feel a call come thru.

There are bluetooth ear pieces that connect to your cell phone
(wireless) - make you look like an old nerd - but you might get better
(louder) response.