Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Un-delete

Un-delete

Zzaaarathustra

I'm trying to undelete a few files put in Recycle, and then that emptied.

Is it possible?

Is there any software that'll do this that I don't need to buy.. something
like shareware of MS software?

Thanks

Mike Easter

Zzaaarathustra wrote:

> I'm trying to undelete a few files put in Recycle, and then that
> emptied.

Apparently you are WinXP SP2.

Open your recycle bin, find the file/s you want, R click it and select
restore from the context menu.

You can also do the restore as a group, using the control key to select
a number of items.

To empty Recycle, R click its icon and choose empty recycle from the
context menu.

Your Win Help function has a recycle entry.

--
Mike Easter

=?ISO-8859-1?Q?R=F4g=EAr?=

Mike Easter wrote:
> Zzaaarathustra wrote:
>

>>I'm trying to undelete a few files put in Recycle, and then that
>>emptied.

> Apparently you are WinXP SP2.
>
> Open your recycle bin, find the file/s you want, R click it and select
> restore from the context menu.
>
> You can also do the restore as a group, using the control key to select
> a number of items.
>
> To empty Recycle, R click its icon and choose empty recycle from the
> context menu.
>
> Your Win Help function has a recycle entry.

As it says in the first line, the Recycle bin was emptied. I think
undelete he/she is asking about was the correct phrase. Maybe something
like: http://www.officerecovery.com/freeundelete/

Zzaaarathustra

Thanks for the info

Would it help if I did System Restore, back a week?

Thanks

news:(E-Mail Removed)...

Rgr wrote:
> Mike Easter wrote:
>> Zzaaarathustra wrote:

>>> I'm trying to undelete a few files put in Recycle, and then that
>>> emptied.

> As it says in the first line, the Recycle bin was emptied. I think
> undelete he/she is asking about was the correct phrase. Maybe
> something like: http://www.officerecovery.com/freeundelete/

Oh, I tho't the sentence meant he wanted to normally recover deleted
files from Recycle and _then_ empty recycle, not recover from an emptied
recycle.

The 'and then that emptied' isn't clear to me.

I must not be understanding Zzaaarathustraian properly.

--
Mike Easter

Blinky the Shark

Mike Easter wrote:
> Rgr wrote:
>> Mike Easter wrote:

>> As it says in the first line, the Recycle bin was emptied. I think
>> undelete he/she is asking about was the correct phrase. Maybe
>> something like: http://www.officerecovery.com/freeundelete/

> Oh, I tho't the sentence meant he wanted to normally recover deleted
> files from Recycle and _then_ empty recycle, not recover from an emptied
> recycle.
>
> The 'and then that emptied' isn't clear to me.

Yes, better writing would've helped. But I think Roger's right --
Recycle was emptied after those files were placed there.

--
Blinky RLU 297263
Killing all posts from Google Groups

Pennywise@DerryMaine.Gov

"Zzaaarathustra" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

|>Thanks for the info
|>
|>Would it help if I did System Restore, back a week?
|>
|>Thanks

Try
Start | Run <type in> CMD /K recover /? <enter>
First

|>"Rgr" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
|>news:(E-Mail Removed)...

|>> As it says in the first line, the Recycle bin was emptied. I think
|>> undelete he/she is asking about was the correct phrase. Maybe something
|>> like: http://www.officerecovery.com/freeundelete/

--
One of Criss Angel's freakiest Illusions
http://tinyurl.com/ocyby

=?ISO-8859-1?Q?R=F4g=EAr?=

Zzaaarathustra wrote:
> Thanks for the info
>
> Would it help if I did System Restore, back a week?

Absolutely not. The very least that you can use a computer while trying
to recover deleted files, the better.

Dan Evans

"Zzaaarathustra" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:449dd0af$0$69374$(E-Mail Removed)...
> I'm trying to undelete a few files put in Recycle, and then that emptied.
>
> Is it possible?
>
> Is there any software that'll do this that I don't need to buy.. something
> like shareware of MS software?

Restorer2000, got me out of the **** more than once.

http://www.bitmart.net/r2k.shtml

Dan

Zzaaarathustra

Did you have to buy this to use it, or could it be used as shareware..

Thanks

news:449e19a4$0$23212$(E-Mail Removed). ..