Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Saving & moving bookmarks in Firefox

Saving & moving bookmarks in Firefox

Karl Engel

When backing up, I'd like to include my Firefox bookmarks. I had assumed
this was the "Bookmarks" HTML file in Firefox's Defaults>Profile folder. If
it works, it's simpler for me to just include this file in my list to be
automatically backedup up rather than do an export each time. As I recall
however last time I changed computers, copying this file over from the old
one to the new one did not make my bookmarks appear on the new computer, so
I doubt restoring this file if I lost them would do it either.
Is the only way to use the Export dialogue each time?

blopswed

Can't give a definitive answer, but just in case anybody was thinking
of trying this (what follows), DON'T !
Click <Bookmarks>, <Manage Bookmarks>, <File>, <Export>; select HTML.,
and <SAVE>
Click <Bookmarks>, <Manage Bookmarks>, <File>, <Import>; select "from
file"; select the file you just SAVED.
In Firefox click <Bookmarks> - hey presto! I now have doubled the
amount of Bookmarks I had before, and being a dum-ar*e I have to go and
delete all the duplicates !

Frosty

On or about Sat, 24 Jun 2006 15:22:54 +1000, an entity identified as
"Karl Engel" <(E-Mail Removed)> proudly proclaimed:

>When backing up, I'd like to include my Firefox bookmarks. I had assumed
>this was the "Bookmarks" HTML file in Firefox's Defaults>Profile folder. If
>it works, it's simpler for me to just include this file in my list to be
>automatically backedup up rather than do an export each time. As I recall
>however last time I changed computers, copying this file over from the old
>one to the new one did not make my bookmarks appear on the new computer, so
>I doubt restoring this file if I lost them would do it either.
>Is the only way to use the Export dialogue each time?

http://del.icio.us/ <--Never worry about losing your bookmarks again!

SilverMan
--

Real debate; No bullshit.(OK, well maybe a little.)

& http://halebobb.com