Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computer Certification > MCSE > Windows 98 question.

Windows 98 question.

Alan

Hi,

I have a question about windows98. I know many of you may not use this OS
anymore, but some application in my company rely on this OS. I think I had
this problem before but forgot the way to fix it.
The problem is when a win98 user logon to his computer, and he successfully
access the share on another computer within the same workgroup, but after a
certain amount of time (few hours later), he will be denied access to the
share. He has to log off and on again to regain access. I think maybe there
is some patch that I need to apply, so I go ahead to windows update but I
had already updated everything, so I thought it has something to do with the
win98 itself. Does anyone know anything about this problem and know how to
fix it?? Thank you.

Alan

Dragon

Try deleting all *.pwl files from your system and then re-logging on.

"Alan" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:ezp4$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi,
>
> I have a question about windows98. I know many of you may not use this OS
> anymore, but some application in my company rely on this OS. I think I had
> this problem before but forgot the way to fix it.
> The problem is when a win98 user logon to his computer, and he

successfully
> access the share on another computer within the same workgroup, but after

> certain amount of time (few hours later), he will be denied access to the
> share. He has to log off and on again to regain access. I think maybe

there
> is some patch that I need to apply, so I go ahead to windows update but I
> had already updated everything, so I thought it has something to do with

the
> win98 itself. Does anyone know anything about this problem and know how to
> fix it?? Thank you.
>
> Alan

S. O'Brien

"Dragon" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:%(E-Mail Removed)...
> Try deleting all *.pwl files from your system and then re-logging on.
>
> "Alan" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:ezp4$(E-Mail Removed)...
> > Hi,
> >
> > I have a question about windows98. I know many of you may not use this

OS
> > anymore, but some application in my company rely on this OS.

Not many of us have used 98 before??? Honey, a good many of us have been
around since the DOS era and earlier!! I would say the majority here fall
into the oldies category (myself includedbut still young hehe). lol I
remember getting excited when Windows 5.1 came out!! ok yeah I need a
life... point is... we have been around for a long time

Sue

>>I think I had
> > this problem before but forgot the way to fix it.
> > The problem is when a win98 user logon to his computer, and he

> successfully
> > access the share on another computer within the same workgroup, but

after
> > certain amount of time (few hours later), he will be denied access to

the
> > share. He has to log off and on again to regain access. I think maybe

> there
> > is some patch that I need to apply, so I go ahead to windows update but

> > had already updated everything, so I thought it has something to do with

> the
> > win98 itself. Does anyone know anything about this problem and know how

> > fix it?? Thank you.
> >
> > Alan

JaR

"S. O'Brien" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:bnbgqh$8vk$(E-Mail Removed)...
know many of you may not use this
> OS
> > > anymore, >>>but some application in my

Sue, darlin'

Have another cuppa coffee and read the post again.

You just dated yourself for nothing. ;->

JaR

S. O'Brien

d'oh!! hell I'm only 32 so I haven't aged myself that much

I'M ON VACATION!!!! no, wait... don't I need a job to have a vacation?
hehe bonus... HOLIDAY!!! lol

--
Sue MCNGP #69
http://www.mcngp.tk

"Few things are harder to put up with than the annoyance of a good
example." --Mark Twain

"A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy
enough people to make it worth the effort."
Herm Albright (1876 - 1944)

"The Statue of Liberty is no longer saying 'Give me your poor, your tired,
your huddled masses.' She's got a baseball bat and she's yelling, 'You want
a piece of me?'" (Robin Williams)

news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> "S. O'Brien" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:bnbgqh$8vk$(E-Mail Removed)...
> know many of you may not use this
> > OS

> Sue, darlin'
>
> Have another cuppa coffee and read the post again.
>
> You just dated yourself for nothing. ;->
>
> JaR

ranjeetkumar11@yahoomail.com

how much layers in windows98,windows95,windows-me

Dragon

Sue has lost it

"S. O'Brien" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:bnc236$e7j$(E-Mail Removed)...
> d'oh!! hell I'm only 32 so I haven't aged myself that much
>
> I'M ON VACATION!!!! no, wait... don't I need a job to have a vacation?
> hehe bonus... HOLIDAY!!! lol
>
> --
> Sue MCNGP #69
> http://www.mcngp.tk
> The MCNGP Team - We're here to help
>
> "Few things are harder to put up with than the annoyance of a good
> example." --Mark Twain
>
> "A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy
> enough people to make it worth the effort."
> Herm Albright (1876 - 1944)
>
> "The Statue of Liberty is no longer saying 'Give me your poor, your tired,
> your huddled masses.' She's got a baseball bat and she's yelling, 'You

want
> a piece of me?'" (Robin Williams)
>
> "JaR" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > "S. O'Brien" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> > news:bnbgqh$8vk$(E-Mail Removed)...
> > know many of you may not use this
> > > OS

> > Sue, darlin'
> >
> > Have another cuppa coffee and read the post again.
> >
> > You just dated yourself for nothing. ;->
> >
> > JaR

Dragon

4 Layers.

Layer 1: Shrink Wrap
Layer 2: The pretty little box
Layer 3: The Inside Cardboard Box
Layer 4: The Hard CD Case.

"(E-Mail Removed)" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote
in message news:059b01c39c5d$172f6720$(E-Mail Removed)...