Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Desktop is black with black letters

Desktop is black with black letters

Antonio

Hi,
My settings for one account got messed up. My desktop is black with
black letters so I can't read anything. I can log on to the
administrator account. Is there a file I can delete so i can go back to
the default dispaly?
Thanks,
Antonio

beenthere

"Antonio" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) oups.com...
> Hi,
> My settings for one account got messed up. My desktop is black with
> black letters so I can't read anything. I can log on to the
> administrator account. Is there a file I can delete so i can go back to
> the default dispaly?
> Thanks,
> Antonio

If you Rt\click on the black window, do you get the pop up window ?.
If you do, go to properties and change the Background.

Vanguard

"Antonio" wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) oups.com...
> My settings for one account got messed up. My desktop is black with
> black letters so I can't read anything. I can log on to the
> administrator account. Is there a file I can delete so i can go back
> the default dispaly?

So what color is the Windows Taskbar? Can you see the Start menu and
its submenus? If so, why not use the Display applet in Control Panel to
change colors? What color is the context menu when you right-click on
the desktop? If it's readable, you can use Properties to bring up the
Display applet; else, hit the context menu key on your keyboard and hit
"r" (the hotkey for Properties) to get the Display applet. Then set the
colors under the Appearance tab panel.

Evan Platt

On 22 Jun 2006 06:30:40 -0700, "Antonio" <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

>Hi,
>My settings for one account got messed up. My desktop is black with
>black letters so I can't read anything. I can log on to the
>administrator account. Is there a file I can delete so i can go back to
>the default dispaly?

Correct the display settings in your operating system, whatever that
may be.

Antonio

When I right click the pop up window is black with black letters so i
can't high light anything.

beenthere wrote:
> "Antonio" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed) oups.com...
> > Hi,
> > My settings for one account got messed up. My desktop is black with
> > black letters so I can't read anything. I can log on to the
> > administrator account. Is there a file I can delete so i can go back to
> > the default dispaly?
> > Thanks,
> > Antonio
> >

> If you Rt\click on the black window, do you get the pop up window ?.
> If you do, go to properties and change the Background.

Antonio

When I go to the Control Pannel I can click on the Display Icon, but
there are no letters to click on to reset the display. All lettes are
black on black backgrounds so there is no way i can see what to click
on.

Evan Platt wrote:
> On 22 Jun 2006 06:30:40 -0700, "Antonio" <(E-Mail Removed)>
> wrote:
>
> >Hi,
> >My settings for one account got messed up. My desktop is black with
> >black letters so I can't read anything. I can log on to the
> >administrator account. Is there a file I can delete so i can go back to
> >the default dispaly?

> Correct the display settings in your operating system, whatever that
> may be.

Antonio

The context menus are are all black so i can't read them. I can go to
START and bring up the Control panel, but when I click on the Display
Icon everything is black. Can I change ALL users displays from the
Administrator account?

Vanguard wrote:
> "Antonio" wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed) oups.com...
> > My settings for one account got messed up. My desktop is black with
> > black letters so I can't read anything. I can log on to the
> > administrator account. Is there a file I can delete so i can go back
> > the default dispaly?

> So what color is the Windows Taskbar? Can you see the Start menu and
> its submenus? If so, why not use the Display applet in Control Panel to
> change colors? What color is the context menu when you right-click on
> the desktop? If it's readable, you can use Properties to bring up the
> Display applet; else, hit the context menu key on your keyboard and hit
> "r" (the hotkey for Properties) to get the Display applet. Then set the
> colors under the Appearance tab panel.

beenthere

"Antonio" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) oups.com...
> Hi,
> My settings for one account got messed up. My desktop is black with
> black letters so I can't read anything. I can log on to the
> administrator account. Is there a file I can delete so i can go back to
> the default dispaly?
> Thanks,
> Antonio

Hi Ant, have you tried a System Restore on that account ?

Maybe

beenthere wrote:

>"Antonio" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>news:(E-Mail Removed) roups.com...
>

>>Hi,
>>My settings for one account got messed up. My desktop is black with
>>black letters so I can't read anything. I can log on to the
>>administrator account. Is there a file I can delete so i can go back to
>>the default dispaly?
>>Thanks,
>>Antonio
>>

>Hi Ant, have you tried a System Restore on that account ?

And not a single one of you ever suspected you were put upon?

Ponder

Hiya Maybe.

In <news:h4zmg.20422$(E-Mail Removed) > you wrote:

> And not a single one of you ever suspected you were put upon?

<holds up hand>

I'm just wiping the tears from me eyes ;D

--
PGP key ID - DSS:0x2661A952