Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > A extremely weird and crazy problems trying to install Quicktime

A extremely weird and crazy problems trying to install Quicktime

Lvubun

For the last couple of hours I've tried every angle to try to fix this
problem. Now the crazyiest part of this is not only can I not install
Quicktime but I can't even download a file that has "quicktime" in the
name. If I try to download any version of Quicktime that has
"Quicktime"(all of them) in the name, it finishes and I try to open it, and
I get a msg "(filename) doesn't exist. It may have been renamed, moved or
deleted...". So the only way I can download the installers is if I change
the name to something random, I get the error msg even if I rename the file
"QU".

The main issue is when I try to install Quicktime, with Itunes or
Standalone I get a runtime error "This application has requested to
terminate in a ununsual way" I have searched the forum and have tried every
fix, from Regedits to virus scans you name it. I went to oldversions.com
and I couldn't even download version 3.

The other crazy part is that after i get the runtime error message and hit
"ok" Quicktime completely disappears from my computer. On some of the older
versions I don't get a error msg, it installs, I hit "finish" then I try to
go where I installed it to and every single time it disappears, i've tried
to install it on the Desktop, external harddrives, etc. but its never
their. I'm usually able to fix problems like this but this one is just
unbelievable so I more then appeciate any help I can get with this, thanks.

John Holmes

Lvubun "contributed" in 24hoursupport.helpdesk:

> I'm usually able to fix problems like this

Then fix it, you mud-soaked, utterly useless show-off.

--
Your mother was a no-brained office clerk who worked on a film set
underneath a bus shelter.