Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Strange problem with MSN Hotmail and Firefox

Strange problem with MSN Hotmail and Firefox

Jimmy Dean

Using Firefox 1.5.0.4 on WinXP Pro.

Hotmail has always worked normally, but suddenly the Sent and other
folders page is displaying the code for that page (plain text) instead
of the page as it should appear.

Uninstalled Firefox, rebooted, then reinstalled, but this failed to
fix.

Hotmail works OK on Opera 8.54 on the same PC, so presumably it is a
Firefox problem.

Your help appreciated.

jd

Beauregard T. Shagnasty

Jimmy Dean wrote:

> Using Firefox 1.5.0.4 on WinXP Pro.
>
> Hotmail has always worked normally, but suddenly

Suddenly. That always tickles my funny-bone. Something happened. Have
you installed anything recently, or just before "suddenly?" Since the
last time hotmail worked? Any Firefox extensions?

> the Sent and other folders page is displaying the code for that page
> (plain text) instead of the page as it should appear.
>
> Uninstalled Firefox, rebooted, then reinstalled, but this failed to
> fix.
>
> Hotmail works OK on Opera 8.54 on the same PC, so presumably it is a
> Firefox problem.

First suggestion: clear all the hotmail and msn cookies and try again.

Hotmail pages work fine for me with Fx 1.5.0.4

--
-bts
-Warning: I brake for lawn deer

Jimmy Dean

On Wed, 21 Jun 2006 01:33:28 GMT, "Beauregard T. Shagnasty"
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Jimmy Dean wrote:
>
>> Using Firefox 1.5.0.4 on WinXP Pro.
>>
>> Hotmail has always worked normally, but suddenly

>Suddenly. That always tickles my funny-bone. Something happened. Have
>you installed anything recently, or just before "suddenly?" Since the
>last time hotmail worked? Any Firefox extensions?

Actually I did install some Windows Security updates earlier than day.
BUT... an almost identical PC (same OS and very similar mobo) on which
those same updates were installed does not have the Hotmail/FF1.5.0.4
prob.

jd

Beauregard T. Shagnasty

Jimmy Dean wrote:

> On Wed, 21 Jun 2006 01:33:28 GMT, "Beauregard T. Shagnasty"
> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
>> Jimmy Dean wrote:
>>> Using Firefox 1.5.0.4 on WinXP Pro.
>>>
>>> Hotmail has always worked normally, but suddenly

>> Suddenly. That always tickles my funny-bone. Something happened.
>> Have you installed anything recently, or just before "suddenly?"
>> Since the last time hotmail worked? Any Firefox extensions?

> Actually I did install some Windows Security updates earlier than
> day. BUT... an almost identical PC (same OS and very similar mobo) on
> which those same updates were installed does not have the
> Hotmail/FF1.5.0.4 prob.

You didn't say if you cleared those cookies...

--
-bts
-Warning: I brake for lawn deer

Top

Beauregard T. Shagnasty submitted this idea :
> Jimmy Dean wrote:

>> On Wed, 21 Jun 2006 01:33:28 GMT, "Beauregard T. Shagnasty"
>> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>>> Suddenly. That always tickles my funny-bone. Something
>>> happened. Have you installed anything recently, or just
>>> before "suddenly?" Since the last time hotmail worked? Any
>>> Firefox extensions?

>> Actually I did install some Windows Security updates earlier
>> than day. BUT... an almost identical PC (same OS and very
>> similar mobo) on which those same updates were installed does
>> not have the Hotmail/FF1.5.0.4 prob.

> You didn't say if you cleared those cookies...

But he did say "almost". That's almost the same as "knowing" what
you're doing. Not you Shaggy, the person with the problem.

Top

Beauregard T. Shagnasty

Top wrote:

> Beauregard T. Shagnasty submitted this idea :
>> Jimmy Dean wrote:

>>> Actually I did install some Windows Security updates earlier than
>>> day. BUT... an almost identical PC (same OS and very similar mobo)
>>> on which those same updates were installed does not have the
>>> Hotmail/FF1.5.0.4 prob.

>> You didn't say if you cleared those cookies...

> But he did say "almost". That's almost the same as "knowing" what
> you're doing. Not you Shaggy, the person with the problem.

Yeah, I did notice that. I'd be willing to wager that - once computers
have left the store - there are no two identical PCs (hard/soft ware) on
the planet. Given an hour or so of usage, of course. <g>

--
-bts
-Warning: I brake for lawn deer

Jimmy Dean

On Wed, 21 Jun 2006 02:30:32 GMT, "Beauregard T. Shagnasty"
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Jimmy Dean wrote:
>
>> On Wed, 21 Jun 2006 01:33:28 GMT, "Beauregard T. Shagnasty"
>> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>>> Suddenly. That always tickles my funny-bone. Something happened.
>>> Have you installed anything recently, or just before "suddenly?"
>>> Since the last time hotmail worked? Any Firefox extensions?

>> Actually I did install some Windows Security updates earlier than
>> day. BUT... an almost identical PC (same OS and very similar mobo) on
>> which those same updates were installed does not have the
>> Hotmail/FF1.5.0.4 prob.

>You didn't say if you cleared those cookies...

Cleared them, but didn't fix the prob

Any other suggestions?

jd