Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computer Certification > MCSE > Systems Administrator interview tips

Systems Administrator interview tips

futurepcperson

Hi is there anyone who can help me prepare for an interview? I am pretty
pleased about it, but cant think of the type of questions I'll be asked
as I have never been invited to one of these before? Am really excited
and would seek guidance....

Brian

"futurepcperson" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote
> Hi is there anyone who can help me prepare for an interview?

Be prepared to demonstrate your knowledge. A good company will want to see
that your certification shows practical knowledge beyond passing a test.

Brian

Nina

You could always use Testking?

Mwahahaha

Mitchr@discussion.microsoft.com

As an administrator and someone that hires for other IT
positions I would agree with the previous post and work
on communication skills. There are many IT people that
lack communication skills and this limits there
usefullness with in a company

Paul M. Leon

Here's hoping my bad experience will be your good advice. When they give
you a scenario of a problem, ask a lot of questions to diagnose the problem.
Don't assume anything just because it is a scenario question. When you give
your answer, be confident in it, and explain in plain english, not tech
talk. But most importantly, act like you know what you are talking about.
(But first, know what you are talking about!)

I had a phone interview where a scenario was asked, and the interviewer
DID NOT know the right answer! They were merely testing my ability to ask
questions and resolve a problem. In essence, there was no right or wrong
answer.

Hope that helps. Good luck!

"futurepcperson" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...

> Hi is there anyone who can help me prepare for an interview? I am pretty
> pleased about it, but cant think of the type of questions I'll be asked
> as I have never been invited to one of these before? Am really excited
> and would seek guidance....

Jeff Rush

Be confident and if needed hire a prostitute for the negotiations portion of
the interview.

Jeff.

"futurepcperson" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...

> Hi is there anyone who can help me prepare for an interview? I am pretty
> pleased about it, but cant think of the type of questions I'll be asked
> as I have never been invited to one of these before? Am really excited
> and would seek guidance....

jerryvn01 jerryvn01 is offline
Junior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul M. Leon
Here's hoping my bad experience will be your good advice. When they give
you a scenario of a problem, ask a lot of questions to diagnose the problem.
Don't assume anything just because it is a scenario question. When you give
your answer, be confident in it, and explain in plain english, not tech
talk. But most importantly, act like you know what you are talking about.
(But first, know what you are talking about!)

I had a phone interview where a scenario was asked, and the interviewer
DID NOT know the right answer! They were merely testing my ability to ask
questions and resolve a problem. In essence, there was no right or wrong
answer.

Hope that helps. Good luck!
Hi,

I do not agreed with you. Any way, your ideal make me thinking about some thing for my project.

Please try to keep posting. Tks and best regards