Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > the 21st century

the 21st century

philo

it's only 2006 and i already hate the 21st century...
i was felling like such an old fart...
and was dashing off a complaint (via email of course)

Just as I was doing so...my kitty cat came flying across the desk
and landed on top of the keyboard.

The HELP window came up!

Even though i hate the 21st century

I guess I just "gotta" love it too !

Pennywise@DerryMaine.Gov

"philo" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

|>it's only 2006 and i already hate the 21st century...
|>i was felling like such an old fart...
|>and was dashing off a complaint (via email of course)
|>
|>Just as I was doing so...my kitty cat came flying across the desk
|>and landed on top of the keyboard.
|>

|>The HELP window came up!
|>
|>Even though i hate the 21st century
|>
|>I guess I just "gotta" love it too !

Time to replace the water in that squirt gun with vinegar.

--
http://heritage.stsci.edu/gallery/gallery.html

philo

<snip>

> Time to replace the water in that squirt gun with vinegar.

well that little devil cat is getting a bit better...but still pretty wild.

she was going after the computer wires the other day and my girlfriend
grabbed the squirt bottle...
then thought better of it <G>

Toolman Tim

In news:(E-Mail Removed),
philo spewed forth:
> <snip>
>>>>

>> Time to replace the water in that squirt gun with vinegar.
>>

> well that little devil cat is getting a bit better...but still pretty
> wild.

I have a friend who got a new kitten a few years back. When I went over to
visit, I asked her what the kitten's name was. She had given up on it's real
name, and taken to calling it Little ****:

"DOWN! Little ****."
"STOP THAT! Little ****."
"DON'T! Little ****."

Adolescent cats are worse than teenagers...

--
I have CDO. It's like Obsessive Compulsive Disorder, only in
alphabetical order, just like it should be.

philo

> I have a friend who got a new kitten a few years back. When I went over to
> visit, I asked her what the kitten's name was. She had given up on it's

real
> name, and taken to calling it Little ****:
>
> "DOWN! Little ****."
> "STOP THAT! Little ****."
> "DON'T! Little ****."
>
> Adolescent cats are worse than teenagers...

Yeah they are pretty bad...but the vest said that within the next 6 months
she should calm down...
even though the kitty can be a pest...she's a constant source of good
laughter!!!!

BTW: I never yet had a cat that got arrested running from the cops...

can't say that about my own daughter <G>

Toolman Tim

In news:(E-Mail Removed),
philo spewed forth:
>> I have a friend who got a new kitten a few years back. When I went
>> over to visit, I asked her what the kitten's name was. She had given
>> up on it's real name, and taken to calling it Little ****:
>>
>> "DOWN! Little ****."
>> "STOP THAT! Little ****."
>> "DON'T! Little ****."
>>
>> Adolescent cats are worse than teenagers...
>>

> Yeah they are pretty bad...but the vest said that within the next 6
> months she should calm down...
> even though the kitty can be a pest...she's a constant source of good
> laughter!!!!
>

> BTW: I never yet had a cat that got arrested running from the cops...
>
> can't say that about my own daughter <G>

True, but your daughter never climbed up your leg with her claws out when
you were shaving, either ;o)

--
I have CDO. It's like Obsessive Compulsive Disorder, only in
alphabetical order, just like it should be.

Blinky the Shark

> "philo" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
>|>it's only 2006 and i already hate the 21st century... |>i was
>felling like such an old fart... |>and was dashing off a complaint
>(via email of course) |> |>Just as I was doing so...my kitty cat came
>flying across the desk |>and landed on top of the keyboard. |> |>
>|>The HELP window came up! |> |>Even though i hate the 21st century |>
>|>I guess I just "gotta" love it too ! |>
>
> Time to replace the water in that squirt gun with vinegar.

Cat people seem to *like* that kind of ****. Cat people talk about
"being owned" by their cats as a positive thing. There's some kind of
character defect afoot, there. A cat will own me when he's paying the
rent and buying the groceries.

--
Blinky RLU 297263
Killing all posts from Google Groups

The Old Sourdough

Toolman Tim mumbled incoherently in 24hoursupport.helpdesk:

> In news:(E-Mail Removed),
> philo spewed forth:
>> <snip>
>>>>>

>>> Time to replace the water in that squirt gun with vinegar.
>>>

>> well that little devil cat is getting a bit better...but still pretty
>> wild.
>>

> I have a friend who got a new kitten a few years back. When I went
> over to visit, I asked her what the kitten's name was. She had given
> up on it's real name, and taken to calling it Little ****:
>
> "DOWN! Little ****."
> "STOP THAT! Little ****."
> "DON'T! Little ****."

I can identify with that. We recently acquired (or perhaps I should say she
selected us) a kitten (now about 10-12 weeks old), that is Satan incarnate.
She's into *everything*, and I do mean *everything*. The only one who can
even come close to keeping her in line is our seven year old neutered male.
He weighs 17 pounds and must be about 20 times her size. He puts up with
her tomfoolery (attacking his tail, waitng in concealment for him to
stroll by, and then leaping from cover) only so long, and then gives her a
good stout cuff about the ears, which sends her rolling across the floor.
It at least puts a damper on her rambunctious behavior for maybe 2 minutes,
tops.

> Adolescent cats are worse than teenagers...

Sometimes I think the Mrs. Sourdough would trade her in on one, gladly.

--
The Old Sourdough
I used to like political jokes until so many of them got elected.

philo

<snip>

> True, but your daughter never climbed up your leg with her claws out when
> you were shaving, either ;o)

now that's true all right.

when the kitty climbs up my legs while i'm wearing pants...
it's not so bad...
but the times when i'm just wearning my shorts...
now that's a problem!!!!

philo

> I can identify with that. We recently acquired (or perhaps I should say

she
> selected us) a kitten (now about 10-12 weeks old), that is Satan

incarnate.
> She's into *everything*, and I do mean *everything*. The only one who can
> even come close to keeping her in line is our seven year old neutered

male.
> He weighs 17 pounds and must be about 20 times her size. He puts up with
> her tomfoolery (attacking his tail, waitng in concealment for him to
> stroll by, and then leaping from cover) only so long, and then gives her a
> good stout cuff about the ears, which sends her rolling across the floor.
> It at least puts a damper on her rambunctious behavior for maybe 2

minutes,
> tops.

Well we just use a spray bottle or squirt gun...
or else i can hiss at the cat...i'm quite good at it!