Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computer Certification > MCSE > set up practice pcs for MCSE

set up practice pcs for MCSE

ching

I am studying MCSE now and I want to set up pcs for
practising at home. My economics don't allow me to pay
too much on it. I hope someone give me some advice that
how I can set up economical practising pcs at home.
Thanks,

Ken Briscoe

> I am studying MCSE now and I want to set up pcs for
> practising at home. My economics don't allow me to pay
> too much on it. I hope someone give me some advice that
> how I can set up economical practising pcs at home.

VMWare is a good product. It creates virtual computers, which can be
virtually networked. So it's like having a full-blown network with just one
PC. Personally, I have never used it, but it's reccommended by many.

--

KB

EJ

"ching"
> I am studying MCSE now and I want to set up pcs for
> practising at home. My economics don't allow me to pay
> too much on it. I hope someone give me some advice that
> how I can set up economical practising pcs at home.
> Thanks,

You can try and convince some friends to join you and come over with their
computers, or you can try and have multiple clients running on one computer
using virtual machines ( http://www.vmware.com ) and then network them..

If you have the time (I don't know how far you are in life), the best thing
is to find a small company in your area and apply for an internship. You can
get a little hands-on experience and a potential future employer..

Bay

Are you working now? Maybe you can check with your boss whether he could
loan your a computer or give out an old computer to setup your own lab?
That's what I did. My boss gave me an old computer that just meets the
minimum hardware requirement to install windows server 2000 and I hooked it
up with my retired Dell computer which is running 233Mhz. My boss is happy
about it too because he could get rid of the old computer from the inventory
because he can't sell the old PC and Goodwill won't take it becoz they said
it is too old.

"ching" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:0a8e01c397e0$ce476600$(E-Mail Removed)...
> I am studying MCSE now and I want to set up pcs for
> practising at home. My economics don't allow me to pay
> too much on it. I hope someone give me some advice that
> how I can set up economical practising pcs at home.
> Thanks,

Thanks, EJ. I appreciate your very good advice. I just
graduated from graduate school in CS and I got whole
scholarship on MCSE. I have no a lot of experice on
Network. I think intership or volunteer is the best way
for me to get my foot in IT.
Thanks again.

Thanks, Bay. I am not working now. I just graduated from
school. I am applying job now, but it seem not easy.
I am still confidence on IT area.