Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > HTML > rendering local ok, across net not ok

rendering local ok, across net not ok

bob.betzComcast

for a mambo generated page, served via apache 2.2.4
please see: http://job1data.com/mambo/index.php
the page renders ok via localhost, or across my lan (192.168....etc), or on
the host machine if addressed
with the domain name, using the same address as the link above
however, as you will see, it doesn't render correctly if delivered across
the web.
even with that problem it validates from w3schools.com with 0 errors.
other non mambo generated pages from the site render just fine
http://job1data.com/testweb/index.htm
if any body has any ideas for my to try and fix this, it will be greatly
appreciated
t hanks
bbxrider

Els

bob.betzComcast wrote:

> other non mambo generated pages from the site render just fine
> http://job1data.com/testweb/index.htm

From your <head>:
... http://localhost/mambo/templates/sit...mplate_css.css

You must set the domain in the global configuration to the correct
address, i.e. http://job1data.com/mambo, not http://localhost/mambo.

--
Els http://locusmeus.com/

bbxrider

Els, thank you so much for the help, that works
to bad you don't view the mambo forums, i had posted for help there for 2
days with no reply
not sure if i was stating the problem correctly, but now i know that this
forum exists with help like this
makes my project now seem doable
thanks again
bbxrider
"Els" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news71ngn6dlmvg$(E-Mail Removed)...
> bob.betzComcast wrote:
>
>> other non mambo generated pages from the site render just fine
>> http://job1data.com/testweb/index.htm

> From your <head>:
> .. http://localhost/mambo/templates/sit...mplate_css.css
>
> You must set the domain in the global configuration to the correct
> address, i.e. http://job1data.com/mambo, not http://localhost/mambo.
>
> --
> Els http://locusmeus.com/
> accessible web design: http://locusoptimus.com/

Els

bbxrider wrote:

> Els, thank you so much for the help, that works
> to bad you don't view the mambo forums, i had posted for help there for 2
> days with no reply
> not sure if i was stating the problem correctly, but now i know that this
> forum exists with help like this
> makes my project now seem doable

Don't count on this "forum" (it's a Usenet news group, not a forum)
for help with specific Mambo stuff though. Most people in this group
would have told you that you should have linked to the website's
address, not your localhost, but not everybody knows Mambo. (nor do I,
but I figured Mambo would work similar to Joomla)

--
Els http://locusmeus.com/

Bernhard Sturm

Els wrote:

> address, not your localhost, but not everybody knows Mambo. (nor do I,
> but I figured Mambo would work similar to Joomla)

OT: historically it's the other way round: joomla works like mambo.
But it's a shame, that there is no joomla usenet group...

--
www.daszeichen.ch
remove nixspam to reply

Els

Bernhard Sturm wrote:
> Els wrote:
>
>> address, not your localhost, but not everybody knows Mambo. (nor do I,
>> but I figured Mambo would work similar to Joomla)

> OT: historically it's the other way round: joomla works like mambo.

I know, but as I never used Mambo, I can only see it from a Joomla pov

> But it's a shame, that there is no joomla usenet group...

There's nothing wrong with the Joomla forum though - lots of helpful
people.

--
Els http://locusmeus.com/

Now playing: Madness - Victoria Gardens

Andy Dingley

On 5 Mar, 23:38, "bbxrider" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> to bad you don't view the mambo forums,

You get a better class of obsessive compulsive geek on Usenet.