Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Java > ActionErrors: how to keep messages in the database

ActionErrors: how to keep messages in the database

nkunkov@escholar.com

Hello!
I'm creating action errors for my web page in the following way:

errors.add("message123", new
ActionMessage("error.required.thisfield"));

A constructor of ActionMessage recieves a key to a message resource
"error.required.thisfield".
The message resource is usually a file.

I would like to store my error messages in the database. How would I
instantiate the ActionMessage in that case? Or I will have to create
ActionErrors in a different way?
Any help on how to use database instead of a resource file for error
messages text would be appreciated.

Thank you
NK

sameergn@gmail.com

On Mar 5, 2:32 pm, "(E-Mail Removed)" <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:
> Hello!
> I'm creating action errors for my web page in the following way:
>
> ActionErrors errors = new ActionErrors();
> errors.add("message123", new
> ActionMessage("error.required.thisfield"));
>
> A constructor of ActionMessage recieves a key to a message resource
> "error.required.thisfield".
> The message resource is usually a file.
>
> I would like to store my error messages in the database. How would I
> instantiate the ActionMessage in that case? Or I will have to create
> ActionErrors in a different way?
> Any help on how to use database instead of a resource file for error
> messages text would be appreciated.
>
> Thank you
> NK

See if this helps.