Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > How do I reassign USB ports

How do I reassign USB ports

Oldman@screwedup.com

I installed a new printer to a USB port. But foolishly installed this
to a port previously connected to an external hard disk which
connection I moved to an adjacent port. Now the printer is up and
running but my computer no longer recognizes the external drive.

What's the fix please.

paul

> I installed a new printer to a USB port. But foolishly installed this
> to a port previously connected to an external hard disk which
> connection I moved to an adjacent port. Now the printer is up and
> running but my computer no longer recognizes the external drive.
>
> What's the fix please.

Swap the printer and drive USB ports.

Pennywise@DerryMaine.Gov

(E-Mail Removed) wrote:

|>I installed a new printer to a USB port. But foolishly installed this
|>to a port previously connected to an external hard disk which
|>connection I moved to an adjacent port. Now the printer is up and
|>running but my computer no longer recognizes the external drive.
|>
|>What's the fix please.

control panel | add new hardware
add another port

--