Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Need help with laptop

Need help with laptop

RichardS

My HP laptop computer running Windows XP went into hibernate and now I
cannot wake it up. Usually I just move the mouse around and it comes
back but now it won't. Any tips?

Thanks a lot for any help

philo

"RichardS" <RichardS@*.*> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> My HP laptop computer running Windows XP went into hibernate and now I
> cannot wake it up. Usually I just move the mouse around and it comes
> back but now it won't. Any tips?
>
> Thanks a lot for any help

press enter or escape

Duane Arnold

RichardS wrote:
> My HP laptop computer running Windows XP went into hibernate and now I
> cannot wake it up. Usually I just move the mouse around and it comes
> back but now it won't. Any tips?
>
> Thanks a lot for any help

You push and hold the Power Button down for 10 seconds or more, which
will kill the power to the laptop. If you do it and it powers back on,
then pull the battery out of the computer and then do it.

Duane

Toolman Tim

In news:(E-Mail Removed),
RichardS spewed forth:
> My HP laptop computer running Windows XP went into hibernate and now I
> cannot wake it up. Usually I just move the mouse around and it comes
> back but now it won't. Any tips?
>
> Thanks a lot for any help

Hibernate requires pressing the power button to restart.

--
I always finish what I sta

RichardS

On Sat, 10 Jun 2006 00:07:52 GMT, RichardS <RichardS@*.*> wrote:

>My HP laptop computer running Windows XP went into hibernate and now I
>cannot wake it up. Usually I just move the mouse around and it comes
>back but now it won't. Any tips?
>
>Thanks a lot for any help

Thanks for the help everybody. I got it running again. I'm really
stupid. Appartently the wire from the AC adapter to the computer had
come unplugged at the AC adapter and it switched to battery. While I
was away from the laptop the battery was all used up.

The Old Sourdough

RichardS mumbled incoherently in 24hoursupport.helpdesk:

> On Sat, 10 Jun 2006 00:07:52 GMT, RichardS <RichardS@*.*> wrote:
>
>>My HP laptop computer running Windows XP went into hibernate and now I
>>cannot wake it up. Usually I just move the mouse around and it comes
>>back but now it won't. Any tips?
>>
>>Thanks a lot for any help

> Thanks for the help everybody. I got it running again. I'm really
> stupid. Appartently the wire from the AC adapter to the computer had
> come unplugged at the AC adapter and it switched to battery. While I
> was away from the laptop the battery was all used up.

In other words, it wasn't hibernating.

"It was dead, Jim."

--
The Old Sourdough
I pretend to work. They pretend to pay me.

sbb78247

RichardS wrote:
> My HP laptop computer running Windows XP went into hibernate and now I
> cannot wake it up. Usually I just move the mouse around and it comes
> back but now it won't. Any tips?
>
> Thanks a lot for any help

yea, you're ****ed! call hp i am sure they are waiting to hear from a ****
like you.

hth, hand, and gfia

philo

<snip>

> >My HP laptop computer running Windows XP went into hibernate and now I
> >cannot wake it up. Usually I just move the mouse around and it comes
> >back but now it won't. Any tips?
> >
> >Thanks a lot for any help

> Thanks for the help everybody. I got it running again. I'm really
> stupid. Appartently the wire from the AC adapter to the computer had
> come unplugged at the AC adapter and it switched to battery. While I
> was away from the laptop the battery was all used up.

Some hibernation!!!!!

Meat Plow

On Sat, 10 Jun 2006 00:07:52 +0000, RichardS wrote:

> My HP laptop computer running Windows XP went into hibernate and now I
> cannot wake it up. Usually I just move the mouse around and it comes back
> but now it won't. Any tips?
>
> Should be a hard reset button somewhere. The kind you use a paper clip

on.

frances martin

the best thing is to go onto the hp website and look for help or support or
go on the microsoft website