Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > replace registry - W2000

replace registry - W2000

L Mehl

Hello --

In the Win 2000 Help topic
"To use emergency repair on a system that will not start"
I find
"If you want to manually repair individual registry files or replace your
entire registry, you can use the recovery console"

Can anyone tell me where to find more information about that?

Before my system stopped booting, I saw messages about increasing registry
size, which I ignored.

I assume my 0x0000001E STOP error is a result of that problem.

I am looking for ways to repair the registry so the machine will boot.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Larry Mehl

why?

On Thu, 08 Jun 2006 22:09:43 GMT, L Mehl wrote:

>Hello --
>
>In the Win 2000 Help topic
>"To use emergency repair on a system that will not start"
>I find
>"If you want to manually repair individual registry files or replace your
>entire registry, you can use the recovery console"

Didn't you ask for this a few days ago?

Why start a new thread?

>Can anyone tell me where to find more information about that?

www.google.com windows 2000 recovery console

or even www.microsoft.com

better yet the MS KB
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx
there are IIRC several articles on the recovery console, these will be
found using www.google.com

Windows STOP Messages
www.aumha.org/win5/kbestop.php

>Before my system stopped booting, I saw messages about increasing registry
>size, which I ignored.

There are good reasons why NT class OS's display messages like that.

>I assume my 0x0000001E STOP error is a result of that problem.

That's it, just that short message?

>I am looking for ways to repair the registry so the machine will boot.

You backup the registry on a regular basis, and additionally before /
after making changes like installing apps / configuration changes.

>Thanks in advance for any help.
>
>Larry Mehl

Me

L Mehl

Thanks why

Larry

news:(E-Mail Removed)...

> On Thu, 08 Jun 2006 22:09:43 GMT, L Mehl wrote:
>
> >Hello --
> >
> >In the Win 2000 Help topic
> >"To use emergency repair on a system that will not start"
> >I find
> >"If you want to manually repair individual registry files or replace your
> >entire registry, you can use the recovery console"

> Didn't you ask for this a few days ago?
>
> Why start a new thread?
>
> >Can anyone tell me where to find more information about that?

> www.google.com windows 2000 recovery console
>
> or even www.microsoft.com
>
> better yet the MS KB
> http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx
> there are IIRC several articles on the recovery console, these will be
> found using www.google.com
>
> Windows STOP Messages
> www.aumha.org/win5/kbestop.php
>
> >Before my system stopped booting, I saw messages about increasing

registry
> >size, which I ignored.

> There are good reasons why NT class OS's display messages like that.
>
> >I assume my 0x0000001E STOP error is a result of that problem.

> That's it, just that short message?
>
> >I am looking for ways to repair the registry so the machine will boot.

> You backup the registry on a regular basis, and additionally before /
> after making changes like installing apps / configuration changes.
>
> >Thanks in advance for any help.
> >
> >Larry Mehl
> >

> Me

frances martin

you could always reinstall your current operating system
"L Mehl" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:myoig.93644$(E-Mail Removed). com...
> Thanks why
>
> Larry
>
> "why?" <fgrirp*sgc@VAINY!Qznq.fpvragvfg.pbz> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>>
>> On Thu, 08 Jun 2006 22:09:43 GMT, L Mehl wrote:
>>
>> >Hello --
>> >
>> >In the Win 2000 Help topic
>> >"To use emergency repair on a system that will not start"
>> >I find
>> >"If you want to manually repair individual registry files or replace
>> >your
>> >entire registry, you can use the recovery console"

>> Didn't you ask for this a few days ago?
>>
>> Why start a new thread?
>>
>> >Can anyone tell me where to find more information about that?

>> www.google.com windows 2000 recovery console
>>
>> or even www.microsoft.com
>>
>> better yet the MS KB
>> http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx
>> there are IIRC several articles on the recovery console, these will be
>> found using www.google.com
>>
>> Windows STOP Messages
>> www.aumha.org/win5/kbestop.php
>>
>> >Before my system stopped booting, I saw messages about increasing

> registry
>> >size, which I ignored.

>> There are good reasons why NT class OS's display messages like that.
>>
>> >I assume my 0x0000001E STOP error is a result of that problem.

>> That's it, just that short message?
>>
>> >I am looking for ways to repair the registry so the machine will boot.

>> You backup the registry on a regular basis, and additionally before /
>> after making changes like installing apps / configuration changes.
>>
>> >Thanks in advance for any help.
>> >
>> >Larry Mehl
>> >

>> Me

Toolman Tim

In news:FSVig.7434$(E-Mail Removed),
frances martin spewed forth:
> you could always reinstall your current operating system

Damn, you're worthless.

--
I always finish what I sta

why?

On Sun, 11 Jun 2006 14:35:17 GMT, frances martin wrote:

>you could always reinstall your current operating system

This will get the OP where?

You work for NTL support then.

>"L Mehl" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>news:myoig.93644$(E-Mail Removed) .com...
>> Thanks why
>>
>> Larry
>>
>> "why?" <fgrirp*sgc@VAINY!Qznq.fpvragvfg.pbz> wrote in message
>> news:(E-Mail Removed)...

<snip>

>>> better yet the MS KB
>>> http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx
>>> there are IIRC several articles on the recovery console, these will be
>>> found using www.google.com
>>>
>>> Windows STOP Messages
>>> www.aumha.org/win5/kbestop.php

<snip>

>>> You backup the registry on a regular basis, and additionally before /
>>> after making changes like installing apps / configuration changes.

Me

Toolman Tim

In news:(E-Mail Removed),
why? spewed forth:
> On Sun, 11 Jun 2006 14:35:17 GMT, frances martin wrote:
>
>> you could always reinstall your current operating system

> This will get the OP where?
>
> You work for NTL support then.

Go read some of the other crap this poster is depositing lately...

--
I always finish what I sta

why?

On Sun, 11 Jun 2006 09:55:23 -0700, Toolman Tim wrote:

>In news:(E-Mail Removed),
>why? spewed forth:
>> On Sun, 11 Jun 2006 14:35:17 GMT, frances martin wrote:
>>
>>> you could always reinstall your current operating system

>> This will get the OP where?
>>
>> You work for NTL support then.
>>

>Go read some of the other crap this poster is depositing lately...

It's worse, must be a helpdesk contractor.

Me

Toolman Tim

In news:(E-Mail Removed),
why? spewed forth:
> On Sun, 11 Jun 2006 09:55:23 -0700, Toolman Tim wrote:
>
>> In news:(E-Mail Removed),
>> why? spewed forth:

>>> This will get the OP where?
>>>
>>> You work for NTL support then.
>>>

>> Go read some of the other crap this poster is depositing lately...

> It's worse, must be a helpdesk contractor.

ROTLF!!!

--
I always finish what I sta

joevan

<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>In news:(E-Mail Removed),
>why? spewed forth:
>> On Sun, 11 Jun 2006 14:35:17 GMT, frances martin wrote:
>>
>>> you could always reinstall your current operating system

>> This will get the OP where?
>>
>> You work for NTL support then.
>>

>Go read some of the other crap this poster is depositing lately...

I did and deleted it all. I can't believe he is anything other than a
troll, or could he be that stupid?
and for the same reason."