Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computer Certification > MCSE > Nt 4.0 ---> 2003 Server Course recommendations

Nt 4.0 ---> 2003 Server Course recommendations

K.Whatley

Hi, I'm currently and have been for 2 years the
administrator of an NT 4.0 based network. My company wish
to upgrade to Windows 2003 Servers across the board
within the next year. I'm in a postion to study and learn
whats required to pass the Windows 2003 Server MCSE. How
useful will the MCSE be to me? Will I require other
training in order to migrate the current NT 4.0 servers
to Windows 2003 Enterprise servers?

Thanks
K.Whatley

pulse

"K.Whatley":
> Hi, I'm currently and have been for 2 years the
> administrator of an NT 4.0 based network. My company wish
> to upgrade to Windows 2003 Servers across the board
> within the next year. I'm in a postion to study and learn
> whats required to pass the Windows 2003 Server MCSE. How
> useful will the MCSE be to me? Will I require other
> training in order to migrate the current NT 4.0 servers
> to Windows 2003 Enterprise servers?

The things you learn as you prepare for the MCSE exams will be very useful
when you upgrade. Depending on how big your network is and what kind of
servers you have, you might not need to go all the way, though. Actually the
server exam will probably do. Anything beyond that might help you - simplify
and speed things up.

I migrated our NT network (22 servers running everything imaginable) to 2000
long before I upgraded my MCSE to 2000. Later I was able to tweak quite a
few things but there was nothing terribly wrong.

Hey, if the company will pay for the exams, go all the way..

Marty

As a bare minimum you should atleast read the material for 70-222 migrating
a windows NT environment befoer you start the upgrade.

"K.Whatley" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:0a0401c3970f$969078e0$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi, I'm currently and have been for 2 years the
> administrator of an NT 4.0 based network. My company wish
> to upgrade to Windows 2003 Servers across the board
> within the next year. I'm in a postion to study and learn
> whats required to pass the Windows 2003 Server MCSE. How
> useful will the MCSE be to me? Will I require other
> training in order to migrate the current NT 4.0 servers
> to Windows 2003 Enterprise servers?
>
> Thanks
> K.Whatley

Consultant

You don't have a chance, you're too much like your old man. No McFly ever
amounted to anything in the history of Hill Valley!

"Marty" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:jtVkb.56222$(E-Mail Removed)-kc.rr.com...
> As a bare minimum you should atleast read the material for 70-222

migrating
> a windows NT environment befoer you start the upgrade.
>

> "K.Whatley" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:0a0401c3970f$969078e0$(E-Mail Removed)...
> > Hi, I'm currently and have been for 2 years the
> > administrator of an NT 4.0 based network. My company wish
> > to upgrade to Windows 2003 Servers across the board
> > within the next year. I'm in a postion to study and learn
> > whats required to pass the Windows 2003 Server MCSE. How
> > useful will the MCSE be to me? Will I require other
> > training in order to migrate the current NT 4.0 servers
> > to Windows 2003 Enterprise servers?
> >
> > Thanks
> > K.Whatley

=?Windows-1252?Q?Frisbee=AE_MCNGP?=

Consultant wrote:
> You don't have a chance, you're too much like your old man. No McFly
> ever amounted to anything in the history of Hill Valley!

Make like a tree and get out of here.

--
Fris "Your name is Calvin, right? I saw your name in your underwear." beeŽ
MCNGP #13

http://www.mcngp.tk
The MCNGP Team - We're here to help

Consultant

Last night, Darth Vader came down from planet Vulcan and told me that if I
didn't take Lorraine out that he'd melt my brain.

"FrisbeeŽ MCNGP" <bhilemanATdasiDASHsoftwareDOTcom> wrote in message
news:#(E-Mail Removed)...
> Consultant wrote:
> > You don't have a chance, you're too much like your old man. No McFly
> > ever amounted to anything in the history of Hill Valley!

> Make like a tree and get out of here.
>
> --
> Fris "Your name is Calvin, right? I saw your name in your underwear."

beeŽ
> MCNGP #13
>
> http://www.mcngp.tk
> The MCNGP Team - We're here to help

Ken Briscoe

When she was in high school, my mom thought I was hot.

--

KB

news:#(E-Mail Removed)...
> You don't have a chance, you're too much like your old man. No McFly ever
> amounted to anything in the history of Hill Valley!
>

> "Marty" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:jtVkb.56222$(E-Mail Removed)-kc.rr.com...
> > As a bare minimum you should atleast read the material for 70-222

> migrating
> > a windows NT environment befoer you start the upgrade.
> >

> > "K.Whatley" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> > news:0a0401c3970f$969078e0$(E-Mail Removed)...
> > > Hi, I'm currently and have been for 2 years the
> > > administrator of an NT 4.0 based network. My company wish
> > > to upgrade to Windows 2003 Servers across the board
> > > within the next year. I'm in a postion to study and learn
> > > whats required to pass the Windows 2003 Server MCSE. How
> > > useful will the MCSE be to me? Will I require other
> > > training in order to migrate the current NT 4.0 servers
> > > to Windows 2003 Enterprise servers?
> > >
> > > Thanks
> > > K.Whatley

MCSEuk

message
>news:#(E-Mail Removed)...
>> You don't have a chance, you're too much like your old

man. No McFly ever
>> amounted to anything in the history of Hill Valley!
>>

>> "Marty" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:jtVkb.56222$(E-Mail Removed)-kc.rr.com...
>> > As a bare minimum you should atleast read the

material for 70-222
>> migrating
>> > a windows NT environment befoer you start the

upgrade.

>> > "K.Whatley" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> > news:0a0401c3970f$969078e0$(E-Mail Removed)...

company wish

and learn

MCSE. How

servers

>> > thats about as funny as a spring door in a

battleship!

>.

JaR

"MCSEuk" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:057301c39e24$0da64e80$(E-Mail Removed)...

> battleship!

[1] learn how to snip
[2] learn how to indent
[3] ITYM 'screen door on a submarine'

HTH, HAND,

J.R. Jones
MCNGP# ..........................................42

JaR wrote:
> "MCSEuk" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:057301c39e24$0da64e80$(E-Mail Removed)...

>> battleship!
>>>>

> [1] learn how to snip
> [2] learn how to indent
> [3] ITYM 'screen door on a submarine'