Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > mozilla thunderbird

mozilla thunderbird

whitzombi

Why does Thunderbird ask me this every time I open it. "Do you want to
use Mozilla Thunderbird as the default mail application?" ? I always
select yes and I check the box marked "Do not display this dialog
again. Is this a bug or what? Im usig version 1.5.0.2 (2006030
--
Who needs a signature!!
Windows XP Professional

Beauregard T. Shagnasty

whitzombi wrote:

> Why does Thunderbird ask me this every time I open it. "Do you want to
> use Mozilla Thunderbird as the default mail application?" ? I always
> select yes and I check the box marked "Do not display this dialog
> again. Is this a bug or what? Im usig version 1.5.0.2 (2006030

Try opening the Options and checking the box for it:

Tools > Options > General
"Make Thunderbird the default application for:"

[X] Mail [ ] News [ ] RSS feeds

Click OK, close Thunderbird, and restart it. Did it stick? This works
fine for me with both 1.0.7 and the newly released 1.5.0.4

--
-bts
-Warning: I brake for lawn deer

Jim Scott

On Wed, 07 Jun 2006 13:57:17 GMT, whitzombi wrote:

> Why does Thunderbird ask me this every time I open it. "Do you want to
> use Mozilla Thunderbird as the default mail application?" ? I always
> select yes and I check the box marked "Do not display this dialog
> again. Is this a bug or what? Im usig version 1.5.0.2 (2006030

If you use Outlook (Office one) in between using T'bird, it can switch you
back without asking.
--
Jim
Tyneside UK

Gaoler

whitzombi wrote:
> Why does Thunderbird ask me this every time I open it. "Do you want to
> use Mozilla Thunderbird as the default mail application?" ? I always
> select yes and I check the box marked "Do not display this dialog
> again. Is this a bug or what? Im usig version 1.5.0.2 (2006030
> --
> Who needs a signature!!
> Windows XP Professional
> Version 5.1.2600 Service Pack 2 Build 2600
> Pentium(R) D CPU 3.20GHz
> 3.50 GB of RAM

Try version 1.5.0.4.

I use it and have not had that problem.

--
Person who run in front of car get tired.
Person who run behind car get exhausted.

whitzombi

On Wed, 07 Jun 2006 15:13:38 GMT, "Beauregard T. Shagnasty"
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
I have mail, news, and rss feeds selected as default application
already, so thats not the problem. Thanks anyway.

>whitzombi wrote:
>
>> Why does Thunderbird ask me this every time I open it. "Do you want to
>> use Mozilla Thunderbird as the default mail application?" ? I always
>> select yes and I check the box marked "Do not display this dialog
>> again. Is this a bug or what? Im usig version 1.5.0.2 (2006030

>Try opening the Options and checking the box for it:
>
>Tools > Options > General
>"Make Thunderbird the default application for:"
>
>[X] Mail [ ] News [ ] RSS feeds
>
>Click OK, close Thunderbird, and restart it. Did it stick? This works
>fine for me with both 1.0.7 and the newly released 1.5.0.4

whitzombi

On Wed, 07 Jun 2006 14:51:17 -0500, Gaoler <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
I upgraded to 1.5.0.4 and it still asks if I want thunderbird as
default application. I know its not a big problem, its just annoying
to have it ask everytime I open the program.

whitzombi wrote:

> I upgraded to 1.5.0.4 and it still asks if I want thunderbird as
> default application. I know its not a big problem, its just annoying
> to have it ask everytime I open the program.

'Tis really weird.

How about if... close Thunderbird. Start Outlook Distress, go to its
options and tell OE you want it to be your default email client, and
save the option. Then close it. Now, open Thunderbird, go directly to
the options, check the boxes for it to be default, close it. Reopen.
What happens?

--
-bts
-Warning: I brake for lawn deer

whitzombi

On Wed, 07 Jun 2006 23:50:15 GMT, "Beauregard T. Shagnasty"
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>whitzombi wrote:
>
>> I upgraded to 1.5.0.4 and it still asks if I want thunderbird as
>> default application. I know its not a big problem, its just annoying
>> to have it ask everytime I open the program.

>'Tis really weird.
>
>How about if... close Thunderbird. Start Outlook Distress, go to its
>options and tell OE you want it to be your default email client, and
>save the option. Then close it. Now, open Thunderbird, go directly to
>the options, check the boxes for it to be default, close it. Reopen.
>What happens?

Your suggestion worked, thanks.

Beauregard T. Shagnasty

whitzombi wrote:

> On Wed, 07 Jun 2006 23:50:15 GMT, "Beauregard T. Shagnasty"
> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
>> whitzombi wrote:
>>
>>> I upgraded to 1.5.0.4 and it still asks if I want thunderbird as
>>> default application. I know its not a big problem, its just
>>> annoying to have it ask everytime I open the program.

>> 'Tis really weird.
>>
>> How about if... close Thunderbird. Start Outlook Distress, go to its
>> options and tell OE you want it to be your default email client, and
>> save the option. Then close it. Now, open Thunderbird, go directly
>> to the options, check the boxes for it to be default, close it.
>> Reopen. What happens?

> Your suggestion worked, thanks.

Whoopie! Heh, it had to be something easy... let's blame it on OE.