Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computer Certification > MCSE > GIAC certification

GIAC certification

Rowdy Yates

Hi all. How useful is a GIAC cert? I am considering looking into it, but any
comments, thoughts & opinions would welcome...

--
MCP

Grog in Ohio

I'm working on it now... and to be honest, if my employer hadn't paid for me
to go to their conference, I'd pass on it. My biggest complaint is not that
it's tough, though it is indeed VERY tough. My complaint is the time
limit... 6 months to do the practical and 2 exams. Now, if you were
surprised by that and had a nice, long summer vacation planned, tough luck
pal.

Grog

"Rowdy Yates" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi all. How useful is a GIAC cert? I am considering looking into it, but

any
> comments, thoughts & opinions would welcome...
>
> --
> MCP

Rowdy

"Grog in Ohio" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in news:OqIzSKNlDHA.2060
@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl:

Thanks for taking the time to reply Grog! I am still feeling around the
whole thing. Not sure if I will go ahead with it - unless my nice emplyer
decodes to pay for it.