Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computer Certification > MCSE > Networking....that is the question.

Networking....that is the question.

AF Member

Hello out there in the would of Microsoft.

I am trying to decide if MCSE is the best poss. way to go
for networking. Im thinking about taking either the
Microsoft Networking Degree or just MCSE with a poss. CCNP.

Most of the stuff I do not is touching basis of some sort
of networking.

Should I persue or just go with CIS Degree or MIS Degree?

-Ryan

Rowdy Yates

it looks like in order to be competitive in the job market place, you need
more than just an mcse.

i believe that the current standard is
MCSE + CCNP + some others. just search for the job you want to get and look
at what they are requiring...

"AF Member" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:016b01c39476$267528d0$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hello out there in the would of Microsoft.
>
> I am trying to decide if MCSE is the best poss. way to go
> for networking. Im thinking about taking either the
> Microsoft Networking Degree or just MCSE with a poss. CCNP.
>
> Most of the stuff I do not is touching basis of some sort
> of networking.
>
> Should I persue or just go with CIS Degree or MIS Degree?
>
> -Ryan

LoRD

same here
"Rowdy Yates" <(E-Mail Removed)> сообщил/сообщила в новостях
> it looks like in order to be competitive in the job market place, you need
> more than just an mcse.
>
> i believe that the current standard is
> MCSE + CCNP + some others. just search for the job you want to get and

look
> at what they are requiring...
>

> "AF Member" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:016b01c39476$267528d0$(E-Mail Removed)...
> > Hello out there in the would of Microsoft.
> >
> > I am trying to decide if MCSE is the best poss. way to go
> > for networking. Im thinking about taking either the
> > Microsoft Networking Degree or just MCSE with a poss. CCNP.
> >
> > Most of the stuff I do not is touching basis of some sort
> > of networking.
> >
> > Should I persue or just go with CIS Degree or MIS Degree?
> >
> > -Ryan

Ron

Hi Ryan, from my personal perspective you might want to
obtain your Degree in CIS and obtain your MCSE.
The reason I say this is because I myself hold a BBA in
Computer Information Systems and am trying to achieve
additional certifications as well; including the MCSE.
Nowadays, if your an IT Professional it does you good to
have achieved a Bachelor's Degree which is the basic
requirement as well as some kind of certification.

CAT

Ron,

I totally agree that you should obtain your degree if at all possible. I
didn't have that opportunity and while certifications are great a degree is
even greater. With a CIS degree you will have many more career options in
the future. You can work on certifications during semester breaks and
during the summer but concentrate on getting that all powerful CIS degree.

CAT
news:054c01c39653$5a8f0440$(E-Mail Removed)...