Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computer Certification > MCSE > OT: Colors in DOS

OT: Colors in DOS

Dragon

Hi Guys,

Does anyone remember the good old days of DOS??? I can't remember the
command to change the text and backgroud colors of a DOS windows from a
batch file... Anyone recalls????

Thanks.

=?Windows-1252?Q?Frisbee=AE_MCNGP?=

Dragon wrote:
> Hi Guys,
>
> Does anyone remember the good old days of DOS??? I can't remember the
> command to change the text and backgroud colors of a DOS windows from
> a batch file... Anyone recalls????
>
> Thanks.

COLOR /?

--
Fris "Only her hairdresser knows for sure." beeŽ MCNGP #13

http://www.mcngp.tk
The MCNGP Team - We're here to help

Consultant

ah man, no one cares, lol

"Dragon" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi Guys,
>
> Does anyone remember the good old days of DOS??? I can't remember the
> command to change the text and backgroud colors of a DOS windows from a
> batch file... Anyone recalls????
>
> Thanks.

Dragon

hehe, come one, someone has to remember,,,, It wasn't that long ago.

news:%(E-Mail Removed)...
> ah man, no one cares, lol
>

> "Dragon" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > Hi Guys,
> >
> > Does anyone remember the good old days of DOS??? I can't remember the
> > command to change the text and backgroud colors of a DOS windows from a
> > batch file... Anyone recalls????
> >
> > Thanks.

Dragon

She's changed hairdressers several times, so no one knows...

"FrisbeeŽ MCNGP" <bhilemanATdasiDASHsoftwareDOTcom> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Dragon wrote:
> > Hi Guys,
> >
> > Does anyone remember the good old days of DOS??? I can't remember the
> > command to change the text and backgroud colors of a DOS windows from
> > a batch file... Anyone recalls????
> >
> > Thanks.

> COLOR /?
>
> --
> Fris "Only her hairdresser knows for sure." beeŽ MCNGP #13
>
> http://www.mcngp.tk
> The MCNGP Team - We're here to help

Jtyc

> COLOR /?

hmm... you must be old...

*runs*

Jtyc wrote:
>> COLOR /?

> hmm... you must be old...

Older than you think. The COLOR command is pretty recent, actually. Back
when I was a young whippersnapper, we didn't have no fancy COLOR commands,
we had to put ANSI.SYS in our CONFIG.SYS and use escape sequences to get
color. 'Course before that we didn't have no fancy COLOR monitors.

--
Fris "My other computer is an abacus" beeŽ MCNGP #13

http://www.mcngp.tk
The MCNGP Team - We're here to help

Dragon

hehe, Thank you.

Just making a btch file for 'users'. I want to warn them with colors to
enter parameters when they don't

Yes I am oooooooooooold.

news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > COLOR /?

> hmm... you must be old...
>

> *runs*

KLXrider

On Thu, 16 Oct 2003 13:30:04 -0700, "Dragon"
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Hi Guys,
>
>Does anyone remember the good old days of DOS??? I can't remember the
>command to change the text and backgroud colors of a DOS windows from a
>batch file... Anyone recalls????
>
>Thanks.

When I used DOS we had monochrome monitors

KLXrider, MCNGP #18

arse

No I don't, but back then I had a BBC micro model B with 32K of RAM

For that you could use the COLOUR keyword or RGB

I think it went something like this

>10 REM **** THIS IS MY RUBBISH PROGRAM ****
>20 RGB 255,255,168
>30 PRINT"I CAN'T BELIEVE THIS IS REALLY AN ISSUE"
>40 GOTO 30

RUN

This used to turn the screen blue or some really disgusting green.

Then it would print.