Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Missing Volume

Missing Volume

DJ

In cleaning up some unused things from my hard drive, it now appears as
if my volume control is gone. It used to sit in the system tray.

Have I committed some egregious error or is this fixable?

--
DJ

=?ISO-8859-1?Q?Brian_H=B9=A9?=

DJ wrote:

> In cleaning up some unused things from my hard drive, it now appears as
> if my volume control is gone. It used to sit in the system tray.
>
> Have I committed some egregious error or is this fixable?

Possibly, and most probably.

DJ

Brian H供 wrote:
> DJ wrote:
>
> > In cleaning up some unused things from my hard drive, it now appears as
> > if my volume control is gone. It used to sit in the system tray.
> >
> > Have I committed some egregious error or is this fixable?
> >

> Possibly, and most probably.

Using a troubleshooter, I clicked on the 'open volume control' link,
and it did open, so I know its on the computer somewhere. I just can't
find it.

Does anyone know where I might look, or what I'm looking for to get it
back in the tray?

--
DJ

doS

control panel....

"DJ" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) ups.com...

Brian H供 wrote:
> DJ wrote:
>
> > In cleaning up some unused things from my hard drive, it now appears as
> > if my volume control is gone. It used to sit in the system tray.
> >
> > Have I committed some egregious error or is this fixable?
> >

> Possibly, and most probably.

Using a troubleshooter, I clicked on the 'open volume control' link,
and it did open, so I know its on the computer somewhere. I just can't
find it.

Does anyone know where I might look, or what I'm looking for to get it
back in the tray?

--
DJ

Toolman Tim

In news:(E-Mail Removed) ups.com,
DJ spewed forth:
> Brian H供 wrote:
>> DJ wrote:
>>
>>> In cleaning up some unused things from my hard drive, it now
>>> appears as if my volume control is gone. It used to sit in the
>>> system tray.
>>>
>>> Have I committed some egregious error or is this fixable?
>>>

>> Possibly, and most probably.

> Using a troubleshooter, I clicked on the 'open volume control' link,
> and it did open, so I know its on the computer somewhere. I just
> can't find it.
>
> Does anyone know where I might look, or what I'm looking for to get it
> back in the tray?

Start with control panel, sounds and audio devices properties, volume tab,
check the box for "Place volume icon in the taskbar"

--
I always finish what I sta

DJ

Toolman Tim wrote:
> In news:(E-Mail Removed) ups.com,
> DJ spewed forth:
> > Brian H供 wrote:

> >> Possibly, and most probably.

> > Using a troubleshooter, I clicked on the 'open volume control' link,
> > and it did open, so I know its on the computer somewhere. I just
> > can't find it.
> >
> > Does anyone know where I might look, or what I'm looking for to get it
> > back in the tray?

> Start with control panel, sounds and audio devices properties, volume tab,
> check the box for "Place volume icon in the taskbar"

I did this and its not there. Does this require a reboot?

> --
> I always finish what I sta

Nice sig.

--
DJ
"...otherwise, the point is moo."

"Excuse me, 'moo'?"

"You know, like a cow's opinion: it doesn't matter. <pause> Its...moo."

"Have I lived with him too long or did everything he just say make
total sense?!"

DJ

DJ wrote:
> Toolman Tim wrote:
> > In news:(E-Mail Removed) ups.com,
> > DJ spewed forth:

> > > Using a troubleshooter, I clicked on the 'open volume control' link,
> > > and it did open, so I know its on the computer somewhere. I just
> > > can't find it.
> > >
> > > Does anyone know where I might look, or what I'm looking for to get it
> > > back in the tray?

> > Start with control panel, sounds and audio devices properties, volume tab,
> > check the box for "Place volume icon in the taskbar"
> >

> I did this and its not there. Does this require a reboot?
>

> > --
> > I always finish what I sta

> Nice sig.

I rebooted and...yay!...the volume control is back in the system tray.

Thanks.

--
DJ

Pennywise@DerryMaine.Gov

"DJ" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

|>I rebooted and...yay!

And a lesson learn'd, always reboot first, saves a perfectly good
panic for another time.

--
http://jesuspan.com/

dora jarr

> "DJ" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
> |>I rebooted and...yay!
>
> And a lesson learn'd, always reboot first, saves a perfectly good
> panic for another time.

That was a lesson I already had aquired; I had rebooted after the disk
cleanup and thats when the volume went missing.

Since fixing that issue, I've also discovered the calculator is gone.
<sigh>

--
DJ

Toolman Tim

In news:(E-Mail Removed) oups.com,
dora jarr spewed forth:
> (E-Mail Removed) wrote:

>> And a lesson learn'd, always reboot first, saves a perfectly good
>> panic for another time.
>>

> That was a lesson I already had aquired; I had rebooted after the
> disk cleanup and thats when the volume went missing.
>
> Since fixing that issue, I've also discovered the calculator is gone.
> <sigh>

What in the world are you cleaning your disk with? Comet Cleanser?

--
I always finish what I sta