Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Encryption Program

Encryption Program

Danny

I've downloaded RJH Extensions in order that I can encrypt my personal
files. However, when I right click on the file, the encryption choice is
"greyed" out. Any ideas on how to sort this out, or recommend an alternative
program? Many thanks.

Mike Easter

Danny wrote:
> I've downloaded RJH Extensions in order that I can encrypt my personal
> files. However, when I right click on the file, the encryption choice
> is "greyed" out. Any ideas on how to sort this out, or recommend an
> alternative program? Many thanks.

http://shinobiresources.com/notes/rjh_notes.htm The utility consists of
the following extensions and an organizer that allows you to control the
placement of the extensions: [...] rjhExtensions Organizer: - The
organizer is a small application that allows you to select which
extensions will appear on the context menu, whether the extension will
be on the main context menu or a submenu and the order in which the
extensions will appear on the menu.

Since the encrypt function is one of the extensions, you must need to
enable the encrypt extension with the organizer. Not having it
installed on my system, I can't see/say how the organizer interfaces.

--
Mike Easter

Danny

news:44801827$0$16329$(E-Mail Removed) reenews.net...
> Danny wrote:
>> I've downloaded RJH Extensions in order that I can encrypt my personal
>> files. However, when I right click on the file, the encryption choice
>> is "greyed" out. Any ideas on how to sort this out, or recommend an
>> alternative program? Many thanks.

> http://shinobiresources.com/notes/rjh_notes.htm The utility consists of
> the following extensions and an organizer that allows you to control the
> placement of the extensions: [...] rjhExtensions Organizer: - The
> organizer is a small application that allows you to select which
> extensions will appear on the context menu, whether the extension will
> be on the main context menu or a submenu and the order in which the
> extensions will appear on the menu.
>

> Since the encrypt function is one of the extensions, you must need to
> enable the encrypt extension with the organizer. Not having it
> installed on my system, I can't see/say how the organizer interfaces.
>

> --
> Mike Easter

No option for that, unfortunately. Been thru everything available. Thought
it must be a windows file view option. Driving me nuts!! Anyone know a
different encryption program that works?

John Wunderlich

"Danny" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
news:(E-Mail Removed):

> I've downloaded RJH Extensions in order that I can encrypt my
> personal files. However, when I right click on the file, the
> encryption choice is "greyed" out. Any ideas on how to sort this
> out, or recommend an alternative program? Many thanks.

An excellent freeware program for on-the-fly-encryption is Truecrypt.
It creates a virtual disk which only mounts with a password (one of
several options). Anything placed on this "disk" is encrypted. You
mount it only when needed and when mounted you have free access to data
on it.

<http://www.truecrypt.org>

HTH,
John

ellis_jay

Danny wrote:
> I've downloaded RJH Extensions in order that I can encrypt my personal
> files. However, when I right click on the file, the encryption choice
> is "greyed" out. Any ideas on how to sort this out, or recommend an
> alternative program? Many thanks.

Great free program here:

http://www.sofotex.com/Atronics-File...ad_L13337.html

___Sador the carpenter to Turin