Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computer Certification > MCSE > 2003 or 2000?

2003 or 2000?

Saul

I would like to get some feedback from knowledgable folks. I am a certified
for some NT 4 stuff and I want to go ahead get a full MCSE and I was
wondering if I should go on the 2000 track or skip it and go the 2003 track.
I know 2000 pretty well since I have been working with it for the last few
years. Any comments?

Saul

Marlin Munrow

Both have merit.

2k3 is likely to be more valuable in 12 months time than now. A 2000
cert is valuable for now. However, when I recruit I look more at
experience with certs than experience or certs on their own.

So if your cv says, Deployed and Maintained 2000 and 2003 and you have
a 2003 cert - right now you'd be top of my list.

2000 track will make sure you know the underlying technology, of the
2k3 exams I've seen so far they seem more focussed on the differences
between 2k and 2k3 so a 2k cert has value too.

good luck with whichever you choose

On Tue, 14 Oct 2003 14:19:52 -0400, "Saul" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>I would like to get some feedback from knowledgable folks. I am a certified
>for some NT 4 stuff and I want to go ahead get a full MCSE and I was
>wondering if I should go on the 2000 track or skip it and go the 2003 track.
>I know 2000 pretty well since I have been working with it for the last few
>years. Any comments?
>
>Saul

Randall

I suggest you continue and with 2K since you have xyears
hands-0n, like the previous comments 2K is valuable now,
you may as well show proof of your expertise in an area
you have worked/developed in and currently that'll be in
2K for you

2003, well I beleive it will be a while before companies
venture into this technology area.

Good luck with 2K

Also get yourself a copy of Win2003 evaluation copy and
install it on VM Ware (virtual machine), have a play and
see the difference and improvements.