Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Acrobat could not open file from Flash Drive

Acrobat could not open file from Flash Drive

Thaqalainnaqvi@gmail.com

I have copied a file from HD to Flash Drive several times but whenever
tried to open it from flash drive, the following message displayed:
' Acrobat could not open '2003_ABC2.pdf' because it is either not a
supported file type or because the file has been damaged (for example
it was sent as an e-mail attachment and wasn't correctly decoded).
To create an adobe PDF document,go to the source application. Then
print document to Adobe PDF.'

The file is easily opening on source desktop,but I failed to open from
flash drive and failed to open after saving to my HD. I tried to open
it by renaming but failed to open.
How can I open it?

Toolman Tim

In news:(E-Mail Removed) ups.com,
http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed) spewed forth:
> I have copied a file from HD to Flash Drive several times but whenever
> tried to open it from flash drive, the following message displayed:
> ' Acrobat could not open '2003_ABC2.pdf' because it is either not a
> supported file type or because the file has been damaged (for example
> it was sent as an e-mail attachment and wasn't correctly decoded).
> To create an adobe PDF document,go to the source application. Then
> print document to Adobe PDF.'
>
> The file is easily opening on source desktop,but I failed to open from
> flash drive and failed to open after saving to my HD. I tried to open
> it by renaming but failed to open.
> How can I open it?

It sounds like the file isn't getting copied correctly. PDF requires the
file to meet specific criteria.

Do you use the Safely Remove Hardware function before you unplug the flash
drive? If you don't, you are risking the data (and possible the hardware).

--
I always finish what I sta

Thaqalainnaqvi@gmail.com

I remove flash drive only after clicking SRH icon,stop and close then
removed.