Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Problem when read DVD9 (dual layer)

Problem when read DVD9 (dual layer)

guarez@yahoo.com

i have a ASUS DRW-1608P2 DVD writer, the problem is, when i burn a DVD9
(dual layer) with 8 GB of data, the burner software (nero) tell me the
process finish OK.
Layer 1 OK
Layer 2 OK

But when i read the DVD i only read one layer (4.3 GB aprox)

anyone have the same problem?

i dont know what happen..

any help?

Puss in boots

In article <(E-Mail Removed) .com>,
> i have a ASUS DRW-1608P2 DVD writer, the problem is, when i burn a DVD9
> (dual layer) with 8 GB of data, the burner software (nero) tell me the
> process finish OK.
> Layer 1 OK
> Layer 2 OK
>
> But when i read the DVD i only read one layer (4.3 GB aprox)
>
> anyone have the same problem?
>
> i dont know what happen..
>
> any help?

Update yer firmware, then see wot appens:
http://forum.rpc1.org/portal.php
--
Puss in boots
"Meeoowch"

guarez@yahoo.com

i have the last firmware for this DVD (1.39)
the problem dont fix with the upgrade

=/

Puss in boots ha escrito:

> In article <(E-Mail Removed) .com>,
> (E-Mail Removed) says...
> > i have a ASUS DRW-1608P2 DVD writer, the problem is, when i burn a DVD9
> > (dual layer) with 8 GB of data, the burner software (nero) tell me the
> > process finish OK.
> > Layer 1 OK
> > Layer 2 OK
> >
> > But when i read the DVD i only read one layer (4.3 GB aprox)
> >
> > anyone have the same problem?
> >
> > i dont know what happen..
> >
> > any help?
> >

> Update yer firmware, then see wot appens:
> http://forum.rpc1.org/portal.php
> --
> Puss in boots
> "Meeoowch"

Puss in boots

In article <(E-Mail Removed). com>,
(E-Mail Removed) says...
> i have the last firmware for this DVD (1.39)
> the problem dont fix with the upgrade

Hokey dokey:
a). Look here to see if the drive is werkin properly
http://tinyurl.com/nopt9
b). Try different media
c). Use different software to burn your discs
http://www.cdburnerxp.se/
http://www.deepburner.com/
d). Check to see if a sandwich hasn't been shoved in the drive tray (No.
1 fix for VHS drives was to remove food!).
--
Puss in boots
"Potatos are people too"