Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > IE6 using Quicktime

IE6 using Quicktime

Gorbag

IE6 has suddenly started using Quicktime as the default media player when I
click on an MPEG file on the net. I much prefer WMP. How do I get IE6 to use
WMP again?

x1134x

Gorbag wrote:
> IE6 has suddenly started using Quicktime as the default media player when I
> click on an MPEG file on the net. I much prefer WMP. How do I get IE6 to use
> WMP again?

Uninstall QT, and re-install. When installing in the options it will
ask if you want it to be the default player for a bunch of file types.
don't make it the default player for .mpg files. Don't make it the
default player for anything other than Quicktime files for that matter.

Atlernatively you can open any windows explorer window (my computer for
example,) goto tools, folder options, and find the file types tab.
Find the .mpg extension and change the program associated with it.
You'll probably get better mileage out of uninstalling and
re-installing, because you can wipe out all of the file types it
claimed when you installed it.

x1134x

Moke G

"Gorbag" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:447e08de$0$30366$(E-Mail Removed)...
> IE6 has suddenly started using Quicktime as the default media player when
> I click on an MPEG file on the net. I much prefer WMP. How do I get IE6 to
> use WMP again?

I would strongly recommend that you NEVER use 'quicktime' as it contains
spyware. Just do without and stick to Windows Media Player and/or
RealPlayer.

Moke G.