Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > bearshare

bearshare

magamago

it seems that after installing bearshare we have trouble entering our
gmail account. Has anyone experienced this problem?
Thanks

Pennywise@DerryMaine.Gov

"magamago" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

|>it seems that after installing bearshare we have trouble entering our
|>gmail account. Has anyone experienced this problem?
|>Thanks

ummmmm bearshare
http://www.theinquirer.net/?article=31675

--
http://jesuspan.com/

Evan Platt

On Wed, 31 May 2006 12:31:08 -0700, http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed) wrote:

>ummmmm bearshare
>http://www.theinquirer.net/?article=31675

"THERE IS ONE phrase which, if you type into any search engine will
expose your PC to shed-loads of spam, according to a new report."

Not with a properly protected PC. And you need to do more than simply
type those words into a search engine.

Pennywise@DerryMaine.Gov

Evan Platt <evan@*******************************> wrote:

|>On Wed, 31 May 2006 12:31:08 -0700, (E-Mail Removed) wrote:
|>
|>>ummmmm bearshare
|>>http://www.theinquirer.net/?article=31675

|>"THERE IS ONE phrase which, if you type into any search engine will
|>expose your PC to shed-loads of spam, according to a new report."
|>
|>Not with a properly protected PC. And you need to do more than simply
|>type those words into a search engine.

We know that, and the more I read the article the more it seem'd a
panic article.

But I did do a search of bearshare it takes you here
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/BearShare
and a "See also" links take you here:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spyware...s_of_infection

--
http://jesuspan.com/

Jimchip

On 2006-05-31, (E-Mail Removed) <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> Evan Platt <evan@*******************************> wrote:

>|>"THERE IS ONE phrase which, if you type into any search engine will
>|>expose your PC to shed-loads of spam, according to a new report."
>|>
>|>Not with a properly protected PC. And you need to do more than simply
>|>type those words into a search engine.
>
> We know that, and the more I read the article the more it seem'd a
> panic article.
>
> But I did do a search of bearshare it takes you here
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/BearShare

That's a good article (including links).

I'll just chime in and mention that if one get's involved with any type of
"file sharing" (gnutella, napster,...whoever, outside of "request-receive)
then one is making their computer a type of "server", whether they are ready
for it or not.

> and a "See also" links take you here:
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spyware...s_of_infection

Sorta along the lines I said above but the direct "file sharing" is a
bigger problem as opposed to being "dummied" by a trojan.

WinXP "shared folders" can be a security problem..."file sharing networks"
are a problem in spades, (or whatever trump is).

--
"just my little opinion on safe hex"

Plato

magamago wrote:

> it seems that after installing bearshare we have trouble entering our
> gmail account. Has anyone experienced this problem?

Dont use file sharing programs for best results.

--
http://www.bootdisk.com/

ellis_jay

Jimchip wrote:
> On 2006-05-31, (E-Mail Removed) <(E-Mail Removed)>
> wrote:
>> Evan Platt <evan@*******************************> wrote:
>>
>> WinXP "shared folders" can be a security problem..."file sharing

> networks" are a problem in spades,

>(or whatever trump is).

If its a double run bid buck and a half. ( Don't mean to talk across the
board)

*wink*

___Sador the carpenter to Turin
Tolkien, The Unfinished Tales

Ellis_Jay

BearShare - clearing search past history slackardboy@yahoo.com Computer Support 2 10-18-2006 07:22 PM
uninstall bearshare, how? Mad Dog Computer Support 6 07-25-2006 08:53 AM
Bearshare spyware removal slsbrooks Computer Support 1 04-21-2006 12:59 PM
bearshare? anOLDun Computer Support 3 12-30-2005 05:07 PM
BearShare question Obiwan Kenobi Computer Security 2 08-13-2005 07:47 PM

Advertisments