Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Copying from Digital TV?

Copying from Digital TV?

John

I've just realised the full implications of Digital Boxes upon
recording favourite programmes. (Yes, I know I should
have paid more attention)

This business of only being able to copy a programme
which is actually being shown on the screen confuses me.
I s there any - or is there going to be any - method of
setting up the copying a programme in advance?

Or is this just a method of preventing the saving of
TV programmmes to VHS Video or DVD?

Excuse the dumness of question, but this technology
is beyond me.

What I want to do is ...
Copy my favoute programmes on to DVD (perhaps
DVD RW ? ) from Digital and - in the future - HD Television.

Help.

Once again, be tolerant of my ignorance... please.

SEYMOUR

,my tevion tv card allows me to copy any channel and i can program in
advance--and it will even turn the pc on at the right time

30 from aldi

i wouldnt buy their food but their middle aisle with the tools/clothes/pc
stuff etc is always worth a look

"John" <dmx819@.blueyonder.co.uk> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> I've just realised the full implications of Digital Boxes upon
> recording favourite programmes. (Yes, I know I should
> have paid more attention)
>
> This business of only being able to copy a programme
> which is actually being shown on the screen confuses me.
> I s there any - or is there going to be any - method of
> setting up the copying a programme in advance?
>
> Or is this just a method of preventing the saving of
> TV programmmes to VHS Video or DVD?
>
> Excuse the dumness of question, but this technology
> is beyond me.
>
> What I want to do is ...
> Copy my favoute programmes on to DVD (perhaps
> DVD RW ? ) from Digital and - in the future - HD Television.
>
> Help.
>
> Once again, be tolerant of my ignorance... please.

Peaches

"John" <dmx819@.blueyonder.co.uk> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> I've just realised the full implications of Digital Boxes upon
> recording favourite programmes. (Yes, I know I should
> have paid more attention)
>
> This business of only being able to copy a programme
> which is actually being shown on the screen confuses me.
> I s there any - or is there going to be any - method of
> setting up the copying a programme in advance?
>
> Or is this just a method of preventing the saving of
> TV programmmes to VHS Video or DVD?
>
> Excuse the dumness of question, but this technology
> is beyond me.
>
> What I want to do is ...
> Copy my favoute programmes on to DVD (perhaps
> DVD RW ? ) from Digital and - in the future - HD Television.
>
> Help.
>
> Once again, be tolerant of my ignorance... please.

You don't specify if you mean satalite, cable, freeview etc?
But all have various solutions.
These two are DVB-T freeview receivers/PVR's
both have dual tuners, and facility for TUTV
Both have large capacity HD for archiving
Both have EPG/time shifting recordings etc
Both have USB2 for PC transfer and buring to DVD.

http://tinyurl.com/hkjr3
http://www.homecinemachoice.com/cgi-...?reviewid=6125

There are also numerous options for sat/cable
and also for PC's to be used as PVR's with any/all services.

o00o

"SEYMOUR" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> ,my tevion tv card allows me to copy any channel and i can program in
> advance--and it will even turn the pc on at the right time
>
> 30 from aldi
>
> i wouldnt buy their food but their middle aisle with the tools/clothes/pc
> stuff etc is always worth a look

Hi SEYMOUR,
I too bought one of Aldi's Tevion cards for 30 and am really pleased with
it, except for the fact that it sometimes locks up during recording. Have
you had this problem? If so, how did you rectify it?
I am running XP Pro, SP2, 1 Gig Ram.
Thanks for any reply.

John

On Mon, 29 May 2006 20:59:31 +0100, "Peaches" <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

>"John" <dmx819@.blueyonder.co.uk> wrote in message
>news:(E-Mail Removed).. .
>> I've just realised the full implications of Digital Boxes upon
>> recording favourite programmes. (Yes, I know I should
>> have paid more attention)
>>
>> This business of only being able to copy a programme
>> which is actually being shown on the screen confuses me.
>> I s there any - or is there going to be any - method of
>> setting up the copying a programme in advance?
>>
>> Or is this just a method of preventing the saving of
>> TV programmmes to VHS Video or DVD?
>>
>> Excuse the dumness of question, but this technology
>> is beyond me.
>>
>> What I want to do is ...
>> Copy my favoute programmes on to DVD (perhaps
>> DVD RW ? ) from Digital and - in the future - HD Television.
>>
>> Help.
>>
>> Once again, be tolerant of my ignorance... please.
>>

>You don't specify if you mean satalite, cable, freeview etc?

***** Telewest Cable************
VMT for your advice.

John.