Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Which is it?

Which is it?

Ingeborg

pinchee wrote:

> Win XP Pro SP2
>
> Belarc says I have an AMD 1900 megahertz CPU.
> My system reports an AMD Athlon 2600.
>
> What is what or is it because AMD's method of naming CPU's
> making it one and the same thing

It's the AMD naming way. It's called an Athlon 2600+, and runs on 1.9GHz.
In fact, there are several procs called 2600+, and the one with the
'Barton' core runs at 1.9GHz.

Meat Plow

On Mon, 29 May 2006 12:22:11 -0700, pinchee wrote:

> Win XP Pro SP2
>
> Belarc says I have an AMD 1900 megahertz CPU. My system reports an AMD
> Athlon 2600.
>
> What is what or is it because AMD's method of naming CPU's making it one
> and the same thing

According to AMD it's supposed to perform as fast as an intel 2.6 ghz cpu.

Mara

On Mon, 29 May 2006 12:22:11 -0700, "pinchee" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Win XP Pro SP2
>
>Belarc says I have an AMD 1900 megahertz CPU.
>My system reports an AMD Athlon 2600.
>
>What is what or is it because AMD's method of naming CPU's
>making it one and the same thing

Please fix your clock.

--
"You must be smarter than ->|<- this stick to ride the Internet."
--SleepyOne

pinchee wrote:

> Win XP Pro SP2
>
> Belarc says I have an AMD 1900 megahertz CPU.
> My system reports an AMD Athlon 2600.
>
> What is what or is it because AMD's method of naming CPU's
> making it one and the same thing

SystemRescueCD is a liveCD that has many utilities
tells you a lot of things about your PC including your CPU
It boots off of the CD so no need to run up other operating
systems or install it in order to run it - particularly
handy when building systems and you haven't installed an OS yet.
http://www.livecdlist.com
All open source, free and comes with source code.

Dan Evans

"pinchee" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> Win XP Pro SP2
>
> Belarc says I have an AMD 1900 megahertz CPU.
> My system reports an AMD Athlon 2600.
>
> What is what or is it because AMD's method of naming CPU's
> making it one and the same thing

Yep, name and speed are not the same thing. AMD's names are the Intel speed
equivalents.

Dan

pinchee

Mara:
I thought that my clock was OK but you are a cut above!
I was wondering why my posts were not showing up - I had
posted this question earlier in the day but I could find no post
when I checked later. I tried several items then discovered one
of my twin great-granddaughter at 4 years old had some how
reset my clock to Jan, 2002. I have no idea how you knew but
you were right even though that incorrect time was not visible
(at least to me) in my post.
"Mara" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> On Mon, 29 May 2006 12:22:11 -0700, "pinchee" <(E-Mail Removed)>
> wrote:
>
>>Win XP Pro SP2
>>
>>Belarc says I have an AMD 1900 megahertz CPU.
>>My system reports an AMD Athlon 2600.
>>
>>What is what or is it because AMD's method of naming CPU's
>>making it one and the same thing

> Please fix your clock.
>
> --
> "You must be smarter than ->|<- this stick to ride the Internet."
> --SleepyOne

Mara

On Mon, 29 May 2006 11:10:51 -0700, "pinchee" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Mara:
>I thought that my clock was OK but you are a cut above!
>I was wondering why my posts were not showing up - I had
>posted this question earlier in the day but I could find no post
>when I checked later. I tried several items then discovered one
>of my twin great-granddaughter at 4 years old had some how
>reset my clock to Jan, 2002. I have no idea how you knew but
>you were right even though that incorrect time was not visible
>(at least to me) in my post.

I knew because, had your machine been set to the correct local time for *you,*
it would have shown up in my client as being the correct local time for *me,*
also. It didn't; it was ahead. When timezones/clock settings are wrong on
someone's machine, it will almost certainly be *someone else* who notices it,
and not the poster with the problem.

"Looks like you got it fixed. Thanks. "

<snip>
--
"You must be smarter than ->|<- this stick to ride the Internet."
--SleepyOne

pinchee

Win XP Pro SP2

Belarc says I have an AMD 1900 megahertz CPU.
My system reports an AMD Athlon 2600.

What is what or is it because AMD's method of naming CPU's
making it one and the same thing

=?ISO-8859-1?Q?R=F4g=EAr?=

7 wrote:
> pinchee wrote:
>

>>Win XP Pro SP2
>>
>>Belarc says I have an AMD 1900 megahertz CPU.
>>My system reports an AMD Athlon 2600.
>>
>>What is what or is it because AMD's method of naming CPU's
>>making it one and the same thing

> SystemRescueCD is a liveCD that has many utilities
> tells you a lot of things about your PC including your CPU
> It boots off of the CD so no need to run up other operating
> systems or install it in order to run it - particularly
> handy when building systems and you haven't installed an OS yet.
> http://www.livecdlist.com
> All open source, free and comes with source code.

*squaaawk* LiveCD, LiveCD *squaaaawwwk*
--
No matter the problem, LiveCD is the answer.

Mikey

Rgr wrote:

> 7 wrote:
> > pinchee wrote:
> >

> >>Win XP Pro SP2
> >>
> >>Belarc says I have an AMD 1900 megahertz CPU.
> >>My system reports an AMD Athlon 2600.
> >>
> >>What is what or is it because AMD's method of naming CPU's
> >>making it one and the same thing

> > SystemRescueCD is a liveCD that has many utilities
> > tells you a lot of things about your PC including your CPU
> > It boots off of the CD so no need to run up other operating
> > systems or install it in order to run it - particularly
> > handy when building systems and you haven't installed an OS yet.
> > http://www.livecdlist.com
> > All open source, free and comes with source code.

> *squaaawk* LiveCD, LiveCD *squaaaawwwk*
> --
> No matter the problem, LiveCD is the answer.

Even the problem of world hunger?