Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > It sounds like it's coming from the BACK

It sounds like it's coming from the BACK

Wereo_SUPREMACY

Thanks Toolman Tim & everyone. The noise seems to be getting progressively
WORSE. Toolman Tim diagnoses the problem as a fan.

How easy or hard is it to change this Fan? Thanks, Scott.

Gordon

"Wereo_SUPREMACY" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:icveg.1769$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Thanks Toolman Tim & everyone. The noise seems to be getting progressively
> WORSE. Toolman Tim diagnoses the problem as a fan.
>
> How easy or hard is it to change this Fan? Thanks, Scott.

Please reply to the thread and don't change the subject line.

http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm

Thank you.

Jim

GOOGLE + REPAIR PC FAN =

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&l...N+&btnG=Search

"Wereo_SUPREMACY" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:icveg.1769$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Thanks Toolman Tim & everyone. The noise seems to be getting progressively
> WORSE. Toolman Tim diagnoses the problem as a fan.
>
> How easy or hard is it to change this Fan? Thanks, Scott.

Oedipus Rex

"Wereo_SUPREMACY" <(E-Mail Removed)> said in
news:icveg.1769$(E-Mail Removed):

> Thanks Toolman Tim & everyone. The noise seems to be getting
> progressively WORSE. Toolman Tim diagnoses the problem as a fan.
>
> How easy or hard is it to change this Fan? Thanks, Scott.

You have to remove the radiatr first.

HTH

Whiskers

On 2006-05-29, Oedipus Rex <(E-Mail Removed)0m> wrote:
> "Wereo_SUPREMACY" <(E-Mail Removed)> said in
> news:icveg.1769$(E-Mail Removed):
>
>> Thanks Toolman Tim & everyone. The noise seems to be getting
>> progressively WORSE. Toolman Tim diagnoses the problem as a fan.
>>
>> How easy or hard is it to change this Fan? Thanks, Scott.

> You have to remove the radiatr first.
>
> HTH

I though they were air cooled and you had to remove the engine to get to
the fans. That requires heavy lifting gear.

--
-- ^^^^^^^^^^
-- Whiskers

Joe B

On Mon, 29 May 2006 00:58:28 -0400, "Wereo_SUPREMACY"
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Thanks Toolman Tim & everyone. The noise seems to be getting progressively
>WORSE. Toolman Tim diagnoses the problem as a fan.
>
>How easy or hard is it to change this Fan? Thanks, Scott.

On my Ford the fan in in the front.

soup

Wereo_SUPREMACY wrote:
> Thanks Toolman Tim & everyone. The noise seems to be getting
> progressively WORSE. Toolman Tim diagnoses the problem as a fan.
>
> How easy or hard is it to change this Fan? Thanks, Scott.

If your system is a standard (not a strange cooling system) one changing
the fan is a piece of ****. In the region of four screws and one
connector, should be trivial if you replace like with like, if the
system is at all too noisy take this opportunity to get a quieter fan.
Seem to remember when changing a case fan on this system that the wires
were too short to reach from the fan pins on the motherboard (so when
machine goes into hibernate mode the fan stops) had to use a spare molex
(?) connector to get power to the fan (using a pre made-up connector
which I scrounged from somewhere the fact that molex to fan connectors
exist seems to suggest that this is a common happenstance)which is on
all the time now but even this minor bodge did not take much thinking
about

--
This space intentionally left blank.

ellis_jay

soup wrote:
> Wereo_SUPREMACY wrote:
>> Thanks Toolman Tim & everyone. The noise seems to be getting
>> progressively WORSE. Toolman Tim diagnoses the problem as a fan.
>>
>> How easy or hard is it to change this Fan? Thanks, Scott.

> If your system is a standard (not a strange cooling system) one
> changing the fan is a piece of ****.

If your system is a standard (not a strange cooling system) two
changing the fan is a piece of fun if she is wearing no panties
under her mini-skirt.

___Sador the carpenter to Turin
Tolkien, The Unfinished Tales

Ellis_Jay

soup

ellis_jay wrote:
> If your system is a standard (not a strange cooling system) two
> changing the fan is a piece of fun if she is wearing no panties
> under her mini-skirt.

Eh?

--
This space intentionally left blank.

Toolman Tim

In news:(E-Mail Removed),
ellis_jay spewed forth:
> soup wrote:
>> Wereo_SUPREMACY wrote:
>>> Thanks Toolman Tim & everyone. The noise seems to be getting
>>> progressively WORSE. Toolman Tim diagnoses the problem as a fan.
>>>
>>> How easy or hard is it to change this Fan? Thanks, Scott.

>> If your system is a standard (not a strange cooling system) one
>> changing the fan is a piece of ****.

> If your system is a standard (not a strange cooling system) two
> changing the fan is a piece of fun if she is wearing no panties
> under her mini-skirt.

From the front or the back?

--
I always finish what I sta