Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Can't check email through web EVER

Can't check email through web EVER

TillmanProductions.com

I find it hilarious that when I go to the webpage and hit help, I first have
to log in, when that is my problem. thank goodness I came across this
news.server. anyway had dial up 3 months or so, never checked email through
web or any other form. tried to set it up through outlook, not working. I
know my user name and p/w is correct cause this works!
help please!
Marie

Gary G. Taylor

On Sat, 27 May 2006 08:08:22 +0000, TillmanProductions.com wrote:

> rt.helpdesk
> Date: Sat, 27 May 2006 08:08:22 GMT
>
> I find it hilarious that when I go to the webpage and hit help, I first
> have to log in, when that is my problem. thank goodness I came across this
> news.server. anyway had dial up 3 months or so, never checked email
> through web or any other form. tried to set it up through outlook, not
> working. I know my user name and p/w is correct cause this works! help
> please!
> Marie

Go to your provider's web page and search for the settings.

OR

Call them.

Doh.

Martin

TillmanProductions.com wrote:
> I find it hilarious that when I go to the webpage and hit help, I first have
> to log in, when that is my problem. thank goodness I came across this
> news.server. anyway had dial up 3 months or so, never checked email through
> web or any other form. tried to set it up through outlook, not working. I
> know my user name and p/w is correct cause this works!
> help please!
> Marie

We'll need to know your ISP, the address of your web mail, and
username/password. Then we can check your settings for you.

If you'd like to post back with this information I'll see what I can do.

Fred

TillmanProductions.com wrote:
> I find it hilarious that when I go to the webpage and hit help, I
> first have to log in, when that is my problem. thank goodness I came
> across this news.server. anyway had dial up 3 months or so, never
> checked email through web or any other form. tried to set it up
> through outlook, not working. I know my user name and p/w is correct
> cause this works! help please!
> Marie

Check you settings
http://help.prodigy.net/help/install/specifics.html
or contact support directly
http://sbcglobal.prodigy.net/about/company_contact/

Vanguard

"TillmanProductions.com" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:qMTdg.81204$(E-Mail Removed). net...
>I find it hilarious that when I go to the webpage and hit help, I first
>have to log in, when that is my problem. thank goodness I came across
>this news.server. anyway had dial up 3 months or so, never checked
>email through web or any other form. tried to set it up through
>outlook, not working. I know my user name and p/w is correct cause this
>works!
> help please!
> Marie

So why do you find it impossible to call your own ISP (SWbell/Prodigy)
to ask *them* for help on logging in? They know what are their
settings. If they require login before providing help then it's
probably to keep that info, like their server names and ports, away from
non-customers. Since you are using dial-up then obviously you have a
telephone line to use to call their tech support.

Post replies to the newsgroup. Share with others.