Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Lost Netscape Emails

Lost Netscape Emails

JoahJo

I accidentally deleted the Owner profile on my computer (Windows XP). I
have found most of my Word, Excel, etc., files but I cannot find about
5 years of emails. I searched for Inbox but it only brings me to the
newly reinstalled Netscape Inbox.

When I deleted the Owner profile, did I completely wipe out all the
emails? Any help would be appreciated.

JoahJo

Jerry Attic

"JoahJo" <(E-Mail Removed)> said in news:1148682669.123533.183610
@u72g2000cwu.googlegroups.com:

> I accidentally deleted the Owner profile on my computer (Windows XP). I
> have found most of my Word, Excel, etc., files but I cannot find about
> 5 years of emails. I searched for Inbox but it only brings me to the
> newly reinstalled Netscape Inbox.
>
> When I deleted the Owner profile, did I completely wipe out all the
> emails? Any help would be appreciated.

Actually, much to the chagrin of politicians, CEOs and child pornographers,
nothing can be deleted forever from a hard drive. That is, unless you smash
it to bits. When you delete something, Windows just removes the tags that
identify it as a piece of worthy data. Eventually, it will be overwritten
by something else. What you need is some type of recovery software and
remember this: Google is your friend.....