Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Playing MP3 music on non-MP3 capable HiFi

Playing MP3 music on non-MP3 capable HiFi

Gordon

How do I go about converting MP3 music to a suitable format that will play
on a conventional HiFi?

Ta!

Mitch

In article <(E-Mail Removed)>, Gordon
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> How do I go about converting MP3 music to a suitable format that will play
> on a conventional HiFi?
>
> Ta!

Output it to a CD in Audio CD format
or connect a device that can play it to the input port.

Peaches

news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> How do I go about converting MP3 music to a suitable format that will
> play on a conventional HiFi?
>
> Ta!

You could connect the line out of your soundcard to any spare
line-in on your HiFi system, and play them direct from your PC.
Or if you want to burn to CD, well you could use Win Media player
to convert them to WAV and save them to a folder, then use
your burning software (Nero etc) which, though WAV is a windows
audio format, all burning software will be able to convert WAV files
to CDDA which is the CD format.
You should remember that MP3 is a highly compressed format,
and when "converting" to CDDA, it cannot reconstitute the discarded
information when originally compressed, you will have a CD 16 bit
copy of a highly compressed MP3.

Meat Plow

On Thu, 25 May 2006 10:58:15 +0100, Gordon wrote:

> How do I go about converting MP3 music to a suitable format that will
> play on a conventional HiFi?

Convert the mp3 files back to wav and burn them on a cdr.

Gordon

"Meat Plow" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news(E-Mail Removed)-meatplow.local...
> On Thu, 25 May 2006 10:58:15 +0100, Gordon wrote:
>
>> How do I go about converting MP3 music to a suitable format that will
>> play on a conventional HiFi?
>>

> Convert the mp3 files back to wav and burn them on a cdr.

So a conventional HiFi CD player will play wav files? All the pre-recorded
audio CDs I have seem to be cda format.....

dadiOH

Gordon wrote:
> "Meat Plow" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news(E-Mail Removed)-meatplow.local...
>> On Thu, 25 May 2006 10:58:15 +0100, Gordon wrote:
>>
>>> How do I go about converting MP3 music to a suitable format that
>>> will play on a conventional HiFi?
>>>

>> Convert the mp3 files back to wav and burn them on a cdr.

> So a conventional HiFi CD player will play wav files? All the
> pre-recorded audio CDs I have seem to be cda format.....

CDA is a Windows way of showing you what is on the CD, not really a format.
The diference in waves on a computer and what is on an audio CD is not in
the data itself but in the way it is arranged on the media.

--

dadiOH
____________________________

dadiOH's dandies v3.06...

Gordon

"dadiOH" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
newsogdg.8237$Ar6.4098@trnddc02...
> Gordon wrote:
>> "Meat Plow" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news(E-Mail Removed)-meatplow.local...

>>> Convert the mp3 files back to wav and burn them on a cdr.

>> So a conventional HiFi CD player will play wav files? All the
>> pre-recorded audio CDs I have seem to be cda format.....

> CDA is a Windows way of showing you what is on the CD, not really a
> format.
> The diference in waves on a computer and what is on an audio CD is not in
> the data itself but in the way it is arranged on the media.

Thanks - so if I convert my MP3 files to .WAV and burn that they will play
in a conventional CD player?

<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> "Meat Plow" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news(E-Mail Removed)-meatplow.local...
> > On Thu, 25 May 2006 10:58:15 +0100, Gordon wrote:
> >
> >> How do I go about converting MP3 music to a suitable format that will
> >> play on a conventional HiFi?
> >>

> > Convert the mp3 files back to wav and burn them on a cdr.

> So a conventional HiFi CD player will play wav files? All the pre-recorded
> audio CDs I have seem to be cda format.....

No, that's not all --
He was just showing you that there is a conversion step involved.

You also need to set the burn format in the program to AUDIO CD -- and
then the program will know how to make the disc, and will use the WAV
files to convert to the proper format (CDDA, a form of AIFF).

There are several other differences between a data CD and an AUDIO CD,
not least of which is that they read in DIFFERENT DIRECTIONS!
So it is obviously critical to know you are not making a computer disc,
but and AUDIO CD.

Gordon

"Mitch" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:250520060136584040%(E-Mail Removed)...
> In article <(E-Mail Removed)>, Gordon
> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
>> "Meat Plow" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news(E-Mail Removed)-meatplow.local...

>> > Convert the mp3 files back to wav and burn them on a cdr.

>> So a conventional HiFi CD player will play wav files? All the
>> pre-recorded
>> audio CDs I have seem to be cda format.....
>>

> No, that's not all --
> He was just showing you that there is a conversion step involved.
>
> You also need to set the burn format in the program to AUDIO CD -- and
> then the program will know how to make the disc, and will use the WAV
> files to convert to the proper format (CDDA, a form of AIFF).
>
> There are several other differences between a data CD and an AUDIO CD,
> not least of which is that they read in DIFFERENT DIRECTIONS!
> So it is obviously critical to know you are not making a computer disc,
> but and AUDIO CD.

Ahh- Thanks for the explanation!

Meat Plow

On Thu, 25 May 2006 11:55:22 +0100, Gordon wrote:

> "Meat Plow" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news(E-Mail Removed)-meatplow.local...
>> On Thu, 25 May 2006 10:58:15 +0100, Gordon wrote:
>>
>>> How do I go about converting MP3 music to a suitable format that will
>>> play on a conventional HiFi?
>>>

>> Convert the mp3 files back to wav and burn them on a cdr.

> So a conventional HiFi CD player will play wav files? All the pre-recorded
> audio CDs I have seem to be cda format.....

The wav files are converted to .cda and will play in any cd player capable
of playing a cdr.