Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > ntuser.dat

ntuser.dat

Rick Merrill

I have these files that are a couple of months old
and 6MB in length each. Can I just delete them?

ntuser.dat_BAK_66408
ntuser.dat_BAK_91271

mik3

ntuser.dat is related to your registry...
before you delete off, check you have an actual ntuser.dat at your
profile directory, just to be safe.

Meat Plow

On Wed, 24 May 2006 11:01:52 -0400, Rick Merrill wrote:

> I have these files that are a couple of months old and 6MB in length each.
> Can I just delete them?
>
> ntuser.dat_BAK_66408
> ntuser.dat_BAK_91271

They are backup files for your operating system's registry.

Rick Merrill

Meat Plow wrote:

> On Wed, 24 May 2006 11:01:52 -0400, Rick Merrill wrote:
>

>>I have these files that are a couple of months old and 6MB in length each.
>>Can I just delete them?
>>
>> ntuser.dat_BAK_66408
>> ntuser.dat_BAK_91271

> They are backup files for your operating system's registry.

Yes, there IS an ntuser.dat - so will these disappear if I
disk-clean old 'restore'?