Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Re: Regedit tell me some other program is using it

Re: Regedit tell me some other program is using it

Toolman Tim

In news:4hMcg.5517$(E-Mail Removed),
Luke O'Malley spewed forth:
> I can't get into regedit
> Help!
> Luke

Hey, you brain-dead, maggot-eating moron - STOP putting "Re:" in your
stinkin' subject line. That's NOT what it means.

Duane Arnold

Toolman Tim wrote:
> In news:4hMcg.5517$(E-Mail Removed),
> Luke O'Malley spewed forth:
>
>>I can't get into regedit
>>Help!
>>Luke

> Hey, you brain-dead, maggot-eating moron - STOP putting "Re:" in your
> stinkin' subject line. That's NOT what it means.

<g>

Duane

1 of 1

Luke O'Malley wrote:
> I can't get into regedit
> Help!
> Luke

"Re: " is a prefix that's added by your newsreader when you respond to a
post. It's not normally something that you should use in a thread
subject. Look at the latest posts in this newsgroup to see what I mean.
The only threads that should start with "Re: " is when your ISP has
dumped the remainder of the thread from their news server that was
originally above it.

As for your post, I can't get into my driveway either. Hint, your post
doesn't say anything about how, from where, why, what you're using &
anything else that could be useful.

R. U. Mee

Luke O'Malley wrote:

> In article 9XMcg.171$(E-Mail Removed),
> "Toolman Tim" <(E-Mail Removed)> said:
> -->
> -->In news:4hMcg.5517$(E-Mail Removed),
> -->Luke O'Malley spewed forth:
> -->> I can't get into regedit
> -->> Help!
> -->> Luke
> -->
> -->Hey, you brain-dead, maggot-eating moron - STOP putting "Re:" in
> -->your
> -->stinkin' subject line. That's NOT what it means.
> -->
> -->--
> -->Whenever I feel blue, I start breathing again.
> -->
> -->
> -->
> -->
>
> Thank you for that warm criticism. Perhaps you can suggest what I
> should put.
>
> Luke
>
> P.S. I hope you feel better now.

Luke, some I have found some people that post in these news groups have IQs
of retarded dew worms. Don't let it get to you, it use to get me then I
started to realize some people have no manners and less brains!

Blinky the Shark

Luke O'Malley wrote:
> -->>>>>>> Next Section <<<<<<<
>
> In article Q_Mcg.6926$(E-Mail Removed) t,
> Duane Arnold <""Yep-Don't-Bother\"@You-got-it-right@.BET"> said:
> -->
> -->Toolman Tim wrote:
> -->> In news:4hMcg.5517$(E-Mail Removed),
> -->> Luke O'Malley spewed forth:
> -->>
> -->>>I can't get into regedit
> -->>>Help!
> -->>>Luke
> -->>
> -->>
> -->> Hey, you brain-dead, maggot-eating moron - STOP putting "Re:"
> -->in your
> -->> stinkin' subject line. That's NOT what it means.
> -->>
> -->
> --><g>
> -->
> -->Duane
> -->
> -->
>
> I thought that this was a 'help desk'. No one has offered a
> solution to my problem nor has anyone suggested the proper way I am
> supposed to post a problem. Sof far, you have not been of any help
> at all.

You got help -- you just didn't recognize it. "Re:" is placed at the
front of Subject headers by news clients to indicate that a post is a
reply to another post. Feel free to start your business memos with
"Re:", but that's not the way to open a discussion here.

--
Blinky RLU 297263
Killing all posts from Google Groups

Meat Plow

On Wed, 24 May 2006 02:56:50 +0000, Luke O'Malley wrote:

> In article Q_Mcg.6926$(E-Mail Removed) t,
> Duane Arnold <""Yep-Don't-Bother\"@You-got-it-right@.BET"> said:
> -->
> -->Toolman Tim wrote:
> -->> In news:4hMcg.5517$(E-Mail Removed), -->> Luke O'Malley spewed forth:
> -->>
> -->>>I can't get into regedit
> -->>>Help!
> -->>>Luke
> -->>
> -->>
> -->> Hey, you brain-dead, maggot-eating moron - STOP putting "Re:" -->in
> your
> -->> stinkin' subject line. That's NOT what it means. -->>
> -->
> --><g>
> -->
> -->Duane
> -->
> -->
>
> I thought that this was a 'help desk'. No one has offered a solution to
> my problem nor has anyone suggested the proper way I am supposed to post a
> problem. Sof far, you have not been of any help at all.
> Goodwill,
> Luke

My solution is to not run regedit. You're too stupid to know what to do
with it anyway.

Ben Myers

"Luke O'Malley" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message news:4hMcg.5517$(E-Mail Removed)...
> I can't get into regedit
> Help!
> Luke

I suggest a virus scan.

F-Prot http://www.f-prot.com
AVG http://www.grisoft.com
On line scan http://housecall.trendmicro.com

Ben

Beauregard T. Shagnasty

Luke O'Malley wrote:

> Many thanks again. It actually turned out to be a virus that Trend
> Micro could not find!!!

Which virus?

However, the serious question is: how did you infect yourself with it?

http://www.claymania.com/safe-hex.html

--
-bts
-Warning: I brake for lawn deer