Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > changing default background color in Outlook Express

changing default background color in Outlook Express

Harris Tweed \(Suit yourself\)

The background color in my Outlook Express seems to be an off-white. Is
there a way to permanently change this color so that I do not have to do it
everytime I compose an email?

richard

"Harris Tweed (Suit yourself)" <ninetyfive&(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
message news:RNscg.518$(E-Mail Removed)...
> The background color in my Outlook Express seems to be an off-white. Is
> there a way to permanently change this color so that I do not have to do
> it everytime I compose an email?

It's a global setting available from the desktop properties.
Right click on any open place on the desktop and click properties.
Go into the appearance tab and look for the "advanced" button.
Now click the drop down menu and select "application background" item.
Choose color of choice from the color pallet.

This will change "ALL" programs background color that takes it's cue from
this setting such as IE.

thanatoid

"Harris Tweed \(Suit yourself\)"
<ninetyfive&(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
news:RNscg.518$(E-Mail Removed):

> The background color in my Outlook Express seems to be an
> off-white. Is there a way to permanently change this color
> so that I do not have to do it everytime I compose an
> email?

PC Magazine had (among many other great free utilities) a
program called Display Set. It's from 2001 but from what the
help file says it sounds like it should work in XP as well (it
works on all Win versions from 95 on).

(There may be a new version, too.)

I guess I should mention it allows you to set custom colors for
all the "elements" on your screen, like title bars, backgrounds,
desktops, all sorts of windows, etc.

--
thanatoid-Tip® #21 (a quote this time)
"Hell is other people."