Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Norton email scanning

Norton email scanning

wparrish

In the "Symantec Help Center" it is stated:

The options included under the What to scan heading are as follows:
Scan incoming Email Automatically scans email messages that you
receive for threats.
Scan incoming Email Automatically scans email messages that you
send for threats.

My question is:
Where does one locate the "What to scan heading" so that one can 'turn
off' "Scan outgoing Email"?
Thanks, William Parrish

Noel Paton

"wparrish" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) oups.com...
> In the "Symantec Help Center" it is stated:
>
> The options included under the What to scan heading are as follows:
> Scan incoming Email Automatically scans email messages that you
> receive for threats.
> Scan incoming Email Automatically scans email messages that you
> send for threats.
>
> My question is:
> Where does one locate the "What to scan heading" so that one can 'turn
> off' "Scan outgoing Email"?
> Thanks, William Parrish

...under Add/Remove Programs - 'Remove Norton crap'

--
Noel Paton (MS-MVP 2002-2006, Windows)

Nil Carborundum Illegitemi
http://www.crashfixpc.com/millsrpch.htm

http://tinyurl.com/6oztj

Phobia Compulsive

"Noel Paton" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...

> "wparrish" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed) oups.com...
>> In the "Symantec Help Center" it is stated:
>>
>> The options included under the What to scan heading are as follows:
>> Scan incoming Email Automatically scans email messages that you
>> receive for threats.
>> Scan incoming Email Automatically scans email messages that you
>> send for threats.
>>
>> My question is:
>> Where does one locate the "What to scan heading" so that one can 'turn
>> off' "Scan outgoing Email"?
>> Thanks, William Parrish
>>

> ..under Add/Remove Programs - 'Remove Norton crap'

That is one truly useless answer, is that the best you can come up with -
Uninstall Norton? You dickhead.
> --
> Noel Paton (MS-MVP 2002-2006, Windows)
>
> Nil Carborundum Illegitemi
> http://www.crashfixpc.com/millsrpch.htm
>
> http://tinyurl.com/6oztj

Beauregard T. Shagnasty

Phobia Compulsive wrote:

> "Noel Paton" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote
>> ..under Add/Remove Programs - 'Remove Norton crap'
>>

> That is one truly useless answer, is that the best you can come up
> with - Uninstall Norton? You dickhead.

Yes, useless. Noel forgot the rest of the answer...

<http://service1.symantec.com/SUPPORT/tsgeninfo.nsf/docid/2005033108162039?Open&src=&docid=2001092114452606& nsf=nav.nsf&view=docid&dtype=&prod=&ver=&osv=>

--
-bts
-Warning: I brake for lawn deer

Ruada

news:GCEcg.149771$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Phobia Compulsive wrote:
>
> > "Noel Paton" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote
> >> ..under Add/Remove Programs - 'Remove Norton crap'
> >>

> > That is one truly useless answer, is that the best you can come up
> > with - Uninstall Norton? You dickhead.

> Yes, useless. Noel forgot the rest of the answer...

<http://service1.symantec.com/SUPPORT...033108162039?O
pen&src=&docid=2001092114452606&nsf=nav.nsf&view=d ocid&dtype=&prod=&ver=&osv
=>

So glad I am not the only one who got this impression.