Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Fax Without Phone?

Fax Without Phone?

Rhonda Lea Kirk

NotMe wrote:

>> Is there a way to receive and send faxes on computer without the use
>> of a standard phone line?

> www.onesuite.com works and is about $13 per year.

You can receive, but I can't figure out how you're supposed to send.

In my struggle for comprehension,however, I received from google what
may be a listing for every fax service supplier out there:

http://www.google.com/search?sourcei...esuite.com+fax

Perhaps contextual advertising is useful after all.

rl

Barry OGrady

>"Steve Meyerson" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
| Is there a way to receive and send faxes on computer without the use
| of a standard phone line?

No.

Barry
=====
Home page
http://members.iinet.net.au/~barry.og

pcbutts1

Yes there is www.efax.com and it's free.

"Barry OGrady" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> >"Steve Meyerson" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message

> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> | Is there a way to receive and send faxes on computer without the use
> | of a standard phone line?
>
> No.
>
> Barry
> =====
> Home page
> http://members.iinet.net.au/~barry.og

Beauregard T. Shagnasty

Rearranging your mis-post:

> >"Steve Meyerson" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message

> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> | Is there a way to receive and send faxes on computer without the use
> | of a standard phone line?

Note Steve said "receive and send" faxes.

pcbutts1 wrote yet another misinformation:

> Yes there is www.efax.com and it's free.

No, it isn't. Read this:
http://www.efax.com/en/efax/twa/productOverview

"eFaxFree"
"Limited account; non-local number; receive faxes only"

...and you still have to dial a long-distance number.

--
-bts
-Warning: I brake for lawn deer

Lane

I double the OneSuite recommendation. I have used their MesssageOne service
fax to email for about a year and it works great. It is only a buck a
month. I view my faxes on my computer. If you are interested here is the
link, http://www.onesuite.com/products_MessageOne.asp.

Lane

Meat Plow

Can't send them you ****ing top posting imbecile.

> "Barry OGrady" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> >"Steve Meyerson" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message

>> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> | Is there a way to receive and send faxes on computer without the use
>> | of a standard phone line?
>>
>> No.
>>
>> Barry
>> =====
>> Home page
>> http://members.iinet.net.au/~barry.og

pcbutts1

You can send and receive faxes with Efax for free. I have it and I use it. I
paid nothing for it. Their website is wrong and outdated. You get the
software here http://www.efax.com/en/efax/twa/page/download I do not have a
plus or pro account. Don't talk **** unless you know what you are talking
about.

news:_FHcg.150598$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Rearranging your mis-post:
>
>> >"Steve Meyerson" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message

>> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> | Is there a way to receive and send faxes on computer without the use
>> | of a standard phone line?

> Note Steve said "receive and send" faxes.
>
> pcbutts1 wrote yet another misinformation:
>
>> Yes there is www.efax.com and it's free.

> No, it isn't. Read this:
> http://www.efax.com/en/efax/twa/productOverview
>
> "eFaxFree"
> "Limited account; non-local number; receive faxes only"
>
> ..and you still have to dial a long-distance number.
>
> --
> -bts
> -Warning: I brake for lawn deer

Beauregard T. Shagnasty

pcbutts1 top-posted the following erroneous info:

> You can send and receive faxes with Efax for free. I have it and I use
> it. I paid nothing for it.

Heh, you're stealing faxing service now?

> Their website is wrong and outdated. You get the software here
> http://www.efax.com/en/efax/twa/page/download I do not have a plus or
> pro account. Don't talk **** unless you know what you are talking
> about.

Your link says:

"eFax Messenger makes faxing easy

With eFax Messenger fax software, it's easy to save, view and edit your
efaxes from any computer. Free with your eFax Plus or eFax Pro you can
also use eFax Messenger to create and send faxes complete with text
notes, highlights and your signature stamp."

Yep. Free *software*. Not faxing service. Free with your Plus or Pro
account. Click the "Learn more" link on the page. Notice the fees.

I doubt if their pages are .. um .. wrong or outdated.

--
-bts
-Warning: I brake for lawn deer

pcbutts1

Ok you are right. I have a free month that I am currently working on. I
called them, they said it was part of a promo that I got from installing 3rd
party software.

news:MbLcg.151575$(E-Mail Removed)...

pcbutts1 wrote:

> Ok you are right. I have a free month that I am currently working on.
> I called them, they said it was part of a promo that I got from
> installing 3rd party software.

Ok, great. My ISP offers a free one-month trial as well.

So ... are you going to apologize for telling me I'm "talking ****"?