Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Windows Explorer error using Windows 2000

Windows Explorer error using Windows 2000

Rod

Any time I try to copy, cut, or paste files using Windows Explorer, I
receive the following error and then Explorere closes: "The instruction
at "Ox70aa98aa" referenced memory at "0x05e42f34". The memory could
not be "read". Click on "OK" to terminate the program.

I am running Windows 2000 SP4, I have Norton Antivirus Corporate, and
Windows Defender installed. I scanned for viruses and it comes back
clean.

Any ideas on what may be causing this would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Rod

Toolman Tim

In news:(E-Mail Removed) oups.com,
Rod spewed forth:
> Any time I try to copy, cut, or paste files using Windows Explorer, I
> receive the following error and then Explorere closes: "The
> instruction at "Ox70aa98aa" referenced memory at "0x05e42f34". The
> memory could not be "read". Click on "OK" to terminate the program.
>
> I am running Windows 2000 SP4, I have Norton Antivirus Corporate, and
> Windows Defender installed. I scanned for viruses and it comes back
> clean.
>
> Any ideas on what may be causing this would be appreciated.

Windows.

Rod

Are you suggesting I hold my breath? Or did the reply just not go
through?

Pennywise@DerryMaine.Gov

"Rod" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

|>Any time I try to copy, cut, or paste files using Windows Explorer, I
|>receive the following error and then Explorere closes: "The instruction
|>at "Ox70aa98aa" referenced memory at "0x05e42f34". The memory could
|>not be "read". Click on "OK" to terminate the program.
|>
|>I am running Windows 2000 SP4, I have Norton Antivirus Corporate, and
|>Windows Defender installed. I scanned for viruses and it comes back
|>clean.
|>
|>Any ideas on what may be causing this would be appreciated.

Reinstall SP4 again, if that doesn't work - Try SFC
Shorter http://tinyurl.com/rfsbl

--
http://interact10ways.com/usa/inform...nteractive.htm

Walter Mautner

Toolman Tim wrote:

> In news:(E-Mail Removed) oups.com,
> Rod spewed forth:
>> Any time I try to copy, cut, or paste files using Windows Explorer, I
>> receive the following error and then Explorere closes: "The
>> instruction at "Ox70aa98aa" referenced memory at "0x05e42f34". The
>> memory could not be "read". Click on "OK" to terminate the program.
>>
>> I am running Windows 2000 SP4, I have Norton Antivirus Corporate, and
>> Windows Defender installed. I scanned for viruses and it comes back
>> clean.
>>
>> Any ideas on what may be causing this would be appreciated.

> Windows.

Wrong. It is NCP (NortonCopyProtection) setup by your IT dept.
Talk to the admin
Linux 2.6.14-mm1 [LinuxCounter#295241,ICQ#4918962]

Toolman Tim

In news:(E-Mail Removed),
Walter Mautner spewed forth:
> Toolman Tim wrote:
>
>> In news:(E-Mail Removed) oups.com,
>> Rod spewed forth:
>>> Any time I try to copy, cut, or paste files using Windows Explorer,
>>> I receive the following error and then Explorere closes: "The
>>> instruction at "Ox70aa98aa" referenced memory at "0x05e42f34". The
>>> memory could not be "read". Click on "OK" to terminate the program.
>>>
>>> I am running Windows 2000 SP4, I have Norton Antivirus Corporate,
>>> and Windows Defender installed. I scanned for viruses and it comes
>>> back clean.
>>>
>>> Any ideas on what may be causing this would be appreciated.

>> Windows.
>>

> Wrong. It is NCP (NortonCopyProtection) setup by your IT dept.
> Talk to the admin

It was a /joke/, son, a /joke/ <g>

(How come no one's laughing???)

And why is he using Windows Defender (a non-corporate antispyware solution)
with Norton AV Corporate (a non-personal antivirus solution)? Hmmm...